account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to restore factory settings

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How to restore factory settings

Hi.....i had an accident with my xperia S due to which the screen is not at all appearing although the phone is completely functional with a blank screen. I want to know if i can restore factory settings to it somehow, If any body can help on this matter it would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to restore factory settings

Hold down on/off button and volume up until you feel a vibration (phone will restart)

Hold down on/off button and volume up until you feel 3 vibrations (phone will turn off)

Any better?

Otherwise you can do a repair of the phone software via Sony PC Companion:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hold down on/off button and volume up until you feel a vibration (phone will restart)

Hold down on/off button and volume up until you feel 3 vibrations (phone will turn off)

Any better?

Otherwise you can do a repair of the phone software via Sony PC Companion:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you Henke for the reply. I have just started with the repair software option.....it says all data and personlized settings would be lost except for pictures and videos on the intenal storage...that i have already removed. Can u please confirm if this would also delete messages present in the inbox?

And one more thing i un-intalled viber and whatsapp via my gmail account. They dont show up now on the list under my applications tab on the gmai account.however i can see their folder on the internal storage of my xperia S. so have they been removed or what?