account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to manually update, root, downgrade 2012 Xperias

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 202
Message 20 of 202

Re: How to manually update 2012 Xperias to android 4.0.4

So ICS update has started rolling out ? Anguished Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 21 of 202
Message 21 of 202

my phone sony xperia s SI number is in the list for updates but pc companion and update center application in my phone , both of them says your phone is up to date ? what to do ? or updates viries to diferent countries?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 22 of 202
Message 22 of 202

I downloaded flashtool, and windows will not let me open the program. I get an error message saying "windows cannot access the device, path or file" Any ideas? Am running it as admin. Bet im missing something stupid as i'm new to flashing (insert joke here!) Thanks.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 23 of 202
Message 23 of 202

Got it! Was antivirus software. Duh.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 24 of 202
Message 24 of 202

Thanks for this, just cant tell you how happy I am to finally get ics! Plus my first ever flash!

Visitor
Message 25 of 202
Message 25 of 202

Does this Method is applicable worldwide?..like im from the Philipines,..

Emperor
Message 26 of 202
Message 26 of 202

yes it is

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 27 of 202
Message 27 of 202

what is the different between branded version and unbranded? my phone is not carrier locked

Emperor
Message 28 of 202
Message 28 of 202

if you bought your phone with a contract and it was subsidized the it is locked, if you paid full price chances are that it's not locked but there are cases were even if you pay full price they are locked to a network, put another SIM card from a different network if it doesn't work it is locked, or if you see apps or logos from your carrier, it is locked

also if you go to service menu and the bootloadr unlock: no. that means it is locked to a network

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 29 of 202
Message 29 of 202

The same problem here

SI 1257-2735 is in the list

PC Companion says: Your phone ist up to date