account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to copy phone numbers to SIM card?

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How to copy phone numbers to SIM card?

Xperis S issue: Whenever I save a new phone number I am asked if I want to save it to the phone or SIM. I select Phone, but in fact I want my new contacts to also be on the SIM as well, in case I use it in another phone. Most of the old contacts are on the SIM, (this is how I copied them across to the phone in the first place), but how do I copy new individual numbers to the SIM, one at a time? There seems to be no way of doing this, other than copying every single contact, which is hopeless; this just means that all my contacts are repeated twice, & there isn't enough room on the SIM anyway.

Even the way the Contacts are set out is confusing, as it does not show clearly which contacts are on the SIM & which are on the phone - they are just all repeated twice, but I cannot really tell which ones are saved to the SIM. Can anyone advise on this please? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to copy phone numbers to SIM card?

goto contacts and click options(right side of button near by home key) then touch backup contacts and select sim so now mark all or else select which one you want to copy to sim so its like

contacts--->options----->backup contacts----->sim card----->markall or select

P.S. in sim option Replace all contacts delete your old contacts and copy new and other option add contact is just copy the new contact.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

goto contacts and click options(right side of button near by home key) then touch backup contacts and select sim so now mark all or else select which one you want to copy to sim so its like

contacts--->options----->backup contacts----->sim card----->markall or select

P.S. in sim option Replace all contacts delete your old contacts and copy new and other option add contact is just copy the new contact.

Talent
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you! When I saw the option 'sim card' I thought it was going to automatically copy everything to the sim, so I was afraid to click on it...! Thanks...