Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.
Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.
2013-04-23 01:04 AM
I got the same problem (also only fullbackupdata), after rooting my mobile and not thinking of the problem, that it might not be able to restore the contacts.
I did a lot of googleing- without success.
I decided to just look at the data of the file. It starts with:
I did some Googeling again and found out, that it is the same file like an ICs created adb backup.
I also found a project to retrieve Data from backups: https://github.com/nelenkov/android-backup-extractor
SO HERE IS HOW YOU CAN RESTORE YOUR DATA:
Get your Fullbackupdata-Contactfile.
1. First go to your backupfile: (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Sony\Sony PC Companion\SomeNameDependsOnLanguage)
2. Make a Copy of your backup-File (crtl+c, crtl+v)
3. We want to change the file extension, so make sure you see it. If you don't see a .dbk at the end of your file, go in the explorer window in the left upper corner on organise -> Folder and search options. Change to view and then deselect "Hide extensions for known File types"
4. Rename (F2) the file to backup.zip
5. Open the zip with 7zip or something similar.
6. Navigate to Applications\com.sonyericsson.android.contactsimport and get the fullbackupdata file which is lying in this folder.
7. Put this file on your Desktop.
8.Download this jar-File: http://ge.tt/64TJmne/v/0?c
9. Put the .jar File also on your desktop.
10. Doubleclick the .jar-File. After a few seconds a new file with the name "restore.tar" should show up (If not check if your fullbackupdata-File really has the name "fullbackupdata" and is on the desktop)
11. Open the .tarfile with 7Zip
12. Navigate to restore.tar\apps\com.sonyericsson.android.contactsimport\f\
13. Copy full_backup_vcard.vcf to the Desktop.
If everything worked you're finished, you can open this .vcf File via Windows-contacts -> import or put it directly on your phone and import it there (open Contacts. Settingsbutton -> import)
If you don't trust my .jar file, you can also download the github-project follow their orders and compile it yourself.
I hope this helped also other people. It took me quite a while, so I thought I should share my solution.
2013-04-28 05:29 AM
I have been trying so desperately hard in trying to restore my contacts to my xps. The software that came with the phone says contacts has been restored but to no avail, I have not been seeing anything in my phone contacts.
Alas!! i followed your post, and yes...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! i now have my contacts back from the DBF file...
2013-04-28 03:47 PM
You're welcome, I'm glad you found the post and it helped. I was pretty desperate too, because I didn't find any solution on the internet.
2013-05-05 08:05 PM
I'm facing the same problem here as well.
Only problem I have now is I can't run the jar file.
It gives me the following error:
"Could not find the main class: org.nick.abe.Main. Program will exit now"
Already edited the jar file so the Main.Class is now called just Main but still no luck.
I'm using windows 7 x86
many thanks in advance,
2013-05-05 08:16 PM
Never mind, my java installation is corrupt. Tried on another computer, works fine.
2013-05-08 03:29 AM
You are our virtual lord jesus, our saviour! Thank you brother, this was the best help & it worked.
2013-05-10 02:32 PM
2013-05-11 12:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad my solution works for (until now) everybody. I highly appreciate your comments and that you registered just to say thanks!