account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Few discrepancies in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Few discrepancies in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

Dear Sony,
I have updated my Xperia SP (C5302) with Android 4.3 and I am happy with all the enhancements. Thank you for the update.

However, I have few constraints. Please see below,

1. Battery drains a lot, even though I use Stamina mode to improve the battery life, but if of no use. It is getting drained in 12 hours. Note: I use 3G network all the time.
  2. RAM usage is more after 4.3 update, so that I get very less free RAM (only 200 mb). Though it doesn't impact the performance, I feel that free RAM should be more to start and run some big apps.

Also, if I perform the Software Repair using PCC, do I loose all my apps and its updates installed from Play Store?

Do you have any suggestions or solutions for these discrepancies?

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh Kumar.B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Few discrepancies in Xperia SP after 4.3 update

I love new update too..I have no ram problem..battry also works good

I recommend you to repair via Sony Update Service..all of your data on internall storage will gone.

You can backup your apps on Google plqy and download them after repair(please ask other also about backup your apps on Google..as im not completely sure)

After repair your problem with ram will fix and you get about 350free ram

About battery..if you updated recently just wait!after sometime battry will work fine..let the new sw to adapt with new condition..battery life is a little shorter than 4.1

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

I love new update too..I have no ram problem..battry also works good

I recommend you to repair via Sony Update Service..all of your data on internall storage will gone.

You can backup your apps on Google plqy and download them after repair(please ask other also about backup your apps on Google..as im not completely sure)

After repair your problem with ram will fix and you get about 350free ram

About battery..if you updated recently just wait!after sometime battry will work fine..let the new sw to adapt with new condition..battery life is a little shorter than 4.1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

@sureshkumar
RU IN INDIA?
IF YES THEN WHEN ND HOW DID U GET THE UPDATE PLZZ DO SHARE WITH US!!
Adept
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Yes in India u can connect to the PCC and you will automaticly get a notification of the available update.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

I updated my Sp to 4.3 today through OTA. I am from Chennai,India

Visitor
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Thanks a lot, Danial...

Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

you are welcome suresh

Apprentice
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Dear Friend evn i face the same problem after the new update and my phone hangs sometimes..please suggest me if u have got rid of the glitches.

Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

did you try reset to factory after update?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

No