account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Does xperia sp support USB OTG?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Does xperia sp support USB OTG?

Hi,

My question is whether xperia sp support usb OTG or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Does xperia sp support USB OTG?

Based on this post USB OTG Support, it is a mixed anwser.

I belive it does support USB OTG, but I didn't try this yet (don't have microUSB adapter), but as I can see in my phone, there are settings that confirm this, but I didn't test it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Commissioner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Based on this post USB OTG Support, it is a mixed anwser.

I belive it does support USB OTG, but I didn't try this yet (don't have microUSB adapter), but as I can see in my phone, there are settings that confirm this, but I didn't test it.

View solution in original post

Adept
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I think so, According to my newest researches through internet, I realize that it can support this feature.

Thanks anyway.:smileysmileythumbsup:

Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

yes it does as i have tried this

HJS
Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Yes it does support USB OTG and USB Mouse also. Iam using both.

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

It suppots the usb otg without rooting.

Adept
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Yes, I bought one and it does support. Thank you all.
One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Can u pls elaborate how to use it as USB OTG? What would be the hardware required?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@Sonyexplorer : You only need a USB OTG cable and a pendrive to test it. Plug in the OTG cable in the charging port of your xperia sp and on the other end of the cable, plug in a pendrive. Then you need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anda.otgdisk or any file manager/explorer app installed in your phone to access the pendrive. Hope i helped !

Highlighted
Talent
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Xperia sp supports usb otg. I have tried it. I do connect my pendrives, Sony h200 digicam etc for media transter and I tried my pc usb keyboard and it worked fine.
I think u can also charge other phones from xsp via usb cabe. That means your phon can also act as a power bank!!!