account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Disabling google apps after update

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Disabling google apps after update

Hi.

I always disable a few apps after doing an update and reset, namely Chrome browser, play books, news stand and play movies and tv but since the latest update no matter how many times I disable them and whatever settings I choose regarding backup and and restore settings they reactivate and update within 24 hours.

I could root and remove them but I would rather just have them disabled in the normal fashion.  Has anyone had or overcome this issue?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disabling google apps after update

Hi, Gavjam5

Go to Google Play Store > Settings > Auto-update apps > Do not auto-update apps.

Hope that works. It works for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi, Gavjam5

Go to Google Play Store > Settings > Auto-update apps > Do not auto-update apps.

Hope that works. It works for me.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

That had the desired effect but they keep trying to get back on there.  It wasn't that way previously so I wonder what changed? Anyway, thanks, I got so lost in trying to sort it i neglected the obvious !!