account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Buying xperia SP

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Buying xperia SP

So guys I was thinking about buying xperia SP (c5303) and the price in my country is around 200€...
By the specifications i thought it was a great phone for that price but when i saw the topics on this forum it seems quite buggy (flickering problems, unresponsive touch, illumination lights not working, battery draining and overheating and the wifi range or treshold). Should I buy it or no? Or just buy it and leave it on 4.1.2??? Thinking Face Thinking Face Thinking Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Re: Buying xperia SP

Hmm it says still "under investigation" so the chanse is 50%/50%... If kitkat comes in this or next month the phone is surely mine if not i might have save money for the Z or the upcoming M2... Thanks guys, kudos for all! Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Talent
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

yep specifications are very good for the price... if you root it and do some tweaks you can play all hd games withoult lags.. but you probably get the flickering problem around 20% and that will make you regret it.. you still can buy it and stay with stock 4.1.2 that it works perfect.. but if i was you i would buy a sumsung or nexus device instead as im really dissapointed

Regular
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

I am really dissapointed in samsung... I had 2 samsung phones and that usb port was getting pretty loose and wouldnt charge at the end... I had sent the phone to service and they say its my fault but i never did anything and the phones never fell... The repair costs around 100€ and its better to buy a new phone than repair that piece of ... Btw wouldnt root the phone because i will lose warranty! Any other problems on your SP?

Learner
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I have none of the problems you listed above. I'm actually happy wirh my phone, and it isn't expensive at all. I would definitely recommend
Commissioner
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Neither do I. I don't have such horrible problems. Just there one thing I haven't found out yet, my LED light is always ON during call, is it normal or abnormal? I don't know. lol

Xperia SP looks prerty good for its price and it suits well in my jeans front pocket. Recommend it to others? I'm not so sure since I heard that this phone will never get new update anymore for Kit Kat. Xperia SP was just released last year and it's already dead. So I think there's no any good point to buy this phone. You'll stuck on JB 4.3.
Regular
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Oh that thing on french forums right? About not getting kitkat...

The news were posted 01 April 2014 - 10:59

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/183534-kitkat-%C3%A0-l%C3%A9tude-pour-xperia-sp/

The news were posted on April Fool's Day... Must be a joke

The phone seems awesome and i will get it, If i get any problems... warranty is always there!

Commissioner
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

A French forum? Nope. I actually read it on Twitter. People were talking about it. That's why I joined this forum to find out and make sure myself. lol

Oh, man... didn't notice if this thing was started on Fool's Day. Dayum silly me.

If that news was a lie, and Xperia is gonna get Kit Kat sooner or later.... Then I high recommend you to buy one. Yeah you should get this good one phone. lol
Regular
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Hmm it says still "under investigation" so the chanse is 50%/50%... If kitkat comes in this or next month the phone is surely mine if not i might have save money for the Z or the upcoming M2... Thanks guys, kudos for all! Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Yeah Sony's official web says that. But I'm not 100% sure of their story for some reason. Like you said 50-50.

So you don't need to hurry. Give it sometime and find some good phone that you really want the most.

Thanks to you too, and good luck :-)
Adviser
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

In response to Parasense can you please give it a rest.

Can you simply STOP going on and on about your obvious hardware problem and quite where you get 20% from I don't know. I've read your thread and feel sorry for you but your assertioans are wrong. 

I accept you have had a bad experience but give it a rest and stop trying to disuade people from buying this excellent phone based on your bad luck.

on a price vs performance basis the SP has to be the best value for money phone on the market even after a year.

the new .201 formware is excellent and I am benching 22970 in antutu now more than an xperia z and much more than the more expensive galaxy S3.