account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Buying new Xperia S

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 21 of 41
Message 21 of 41

Re: Buying new Xperia S

Suggest any other Good phones

Emperor
Message 22 of 41
Message 22 of 41

the galaxy nexus its good

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 23 of 41
Message 23 of 41

Thanks Uli

Emperor
Message 24 of 41
Message 24 of 41

anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 25 of 41
Message 25 of 41

uliwooly wrote:

the Xperia S seems like the new version of the X10 with all it's issues

like the poor picture quality, horrible video recording, the ear speaker is too low, battery life horrible, poor housing materials.

I hope the GX doesn't have this issues

Dont agree with any of this

poor picture quality - better than iphone 4S for me and good as my personal camera

horrible video recording - great full 1080p recording which play on PC and TV fine

ear speaker too low - ? move the phone to your ear!

battery life - its now worse than my HTC Desire, and better now i have sorted what to switch off

poor materials - i think its better than most, no iphone, but feels better than SGSIII, Nexus and OneX to me - would love the alu unibody of XU or GX, but cant have everything

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
Emperor
Message 26 of 41
Message 26 of 41

if you don't have this issues that's great, but they are there and I'm not the only one who agrees or has encountered them, perhaps you haven't really look into the videos, try to record a video while walking and then play it back see what happens.

Regarding the ear speaker, I don't appreciate sarcasm, we are all here to help each other, if you compare the ear speaker of the X10, Play Arc and S you will see the difference and you will see what I'm talking about, it's loud enough if you are indoors but if you are outdoors in the city it's useless.

Emperor
Message 27 of 41
Message 27 of 41

check this threads

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34345?start=75&tstart=0

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/182817#182817

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 28 of 41
Message 28 of 41

sorry,

maybe was a bit harsh, but still the phone not being ergonomic for you isnt Sony's fault, thats like moaning to nike because your new sneakers dont fit like your old ones did!?

If your outdoors in the city, why not use a bluetooth headset, problem solved?

I do see the camera issues, but dont really experience them, or they are no worse than a proper camera of this value (<£100). mine focuses fine as long as you use appropriate settings for the conditions, and accept it wont work well in low light as the appature is TINY compared to a real camera!

Seems many people have unrealistic expectations of their technology?

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
Emperor
Message 29 of 41
Message 29 of 41

a phone should work w/o having to use an ad-on in this case headphones or bluetooth, that's like saying hey my sunglasses doesn't protect me from the sun I should use them indoors so they will work.

that statement its not accurate, a camera of that price can deliver great pictures, maybe those cameras aren't available in your region or you haven't look into it and you are perhaps assuming. I test a lot of phones, cameras, computers, I know the limitations of a camera sensor that small but the pictures and videos it deliver aren't even at that level.  if you like to overpay for a product that's fine, but this phone it's not worth as much as Sony sell it, perhaps you should test other phones and cameras so you get a better understanding or idea of all this

Emperor
Message 30 of 41
Message 30 of 41

No one knows when this phone will be released in other regions outside Japan at this moment.