account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Buying new Xperia S

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 41
Message 1 of 41

Buying new Xperia S

Hello everybody,

I am planning to buy new Xperia S .... well i want to know with existing users ... Hows the phone and speed and everything in it... Had got to know many problems with phones but still Want to know more and then only I will buy

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards

Viraj Patel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

Re: Buying new Xperia S

Hi, Patel! My Xperia S is the best phone ever. I love it from the buttom of my heart. The screen is very bright and it's HD. The CPU is blazing fast and 3D HD games like Shadowgun run extremely smooth. The Wi-Fi Sharing with my PS3/VAIO PC (or if I had a Wi-Fi TV) works like a beast, super fast - sharing is great. Also, talking about sharing, the Fb integration is amazing and very deep... And much more Winking Face!...

In conclusion I advice you to buy it :smileygrin: Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes!

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 41
Message 2 of 41

generally love mine, great looks, size, screen and camera, functions well generally and fast enough for me. Only bugs are lack of ICS and battery life, but bnoth are manegable and planned updates to sort in the next 1-2mth

I still think its the best smartphone out there, OneX and SG SIII are too big and expensive, and no real feature gains for me.

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

Hi, Patel! My Xperia S is the best phone ever. I love it from the buttom of my heart. The screen is very bright and it's HD. The CPU is blazing fast and 3D HD games like Shadowgun run extremely smooth. The Wi-Fi Sharing with my PS3/VAIO PC (or if I had a Wi-Fi TV) works like a beast, super fast - sharing is great. Also, talking about sharing, the Fb integration is amazing and very deep... And much more Winking Face!...

In conclusion I advice you to buy it :smileygrin: Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 41
Message 4 of 41

But i found that battrey is not so good so that is why i am lil confusee over here...

One time poster
Message 5 of 41
Message 5 of 41

Have the Xperia S since end of March, had a fault after a week, and the ISP replaced with a new one, since then no problems, apart from a couple of reboots (I suspect due to some software bugs).

Overall I'm happy with the device so far, and am curious to see how ICS will improve the general use of the device (not just for the sake of having the latest!) although will propably wait a few days and watch this space for the brave few who will install first.

Battery time is always the issue with big screen phones, and will only last you one day in practice (with conservative use), so need to be close to a charging point, e.g. in the office etc.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 41
Message 6 of 41

OK let see im buying today so i hope i dont get any fault and that yellow tint.,..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 41
Message 7 of 41

Hi guys i have planned to buy Xperia S but after seeing the Issues posted i am bit confused wehther to buy XS or go for other manufactures. Plz help me

Emperor
Message 8 of 41
Message 8 of 41

just wait for the Xperia GX, if you like to take a lot of videos and/or pictures this is not the phone for you, the pix look amazing on the phone but once you transfer them to a computer or upload them, they look HORRIBLE.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 41
Message 9 of 41

Which phone picutres looks Horrible...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 41
Message 10 of 41

Hey is it true that when you transefer file from phone to computer the picture and videos are not so good is this a true thing..?