account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Antivirus necessary?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Antivirus necessary?

The lagging with JB 4.3 has at least smth to do with antivirus,I think. I uninstalled Avast and noticed significant improvement.

The question is, how necessary is the antivir protection? I'm using my phone for work, i.e. mail, internet hot spot and gps tracking mainly.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Antivirus necessary?

As far as I know there is no known virus for android...however if you download apk from Google play and usb debug is off there's no threat for you...

In mattet of fact there's no need to antivirus at all

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

As far as I know there is no known virus for android...however if you download apk from Google play and usb debug is off there's no threat for you...

In mattet of fact there's no need to antivirus at all

Commissioner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I agree with Danial, for me antivirus for android is not necessary.

Most of the time problem come from users and what they do. IMHO.

Bye

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Yes,as the two users above me suggested,antivirus is a debatable thing on Android.You can bring viruses from Windows,but it is not known how they react on Android.Anyway,if your only source of apps is google play,no need of antivirus.Also,do not use task killers or battery savers.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

OK,thx. The phone really performs better after removal of Avast.
Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

What do you guys think about the preinstalled Mcafee software on my Z1 compact.
As the trial came to a close, all sorts. Of problems occurred.An online repair later, and I'm ready to reinstall some software (minus the ones transferred from my phone the first time)
Is there much of a risk from mp3 files?
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

no risk at all..no known virus for androids till now

antivirus it self can cause problems

BUT..virsu can be transfered from your pc to another pc by your android phone..but they cant deflect and harm your phone

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Well,mp3 could be infected,but I would suggest you only downloading from google play for your apps and for music,I cannot tell you to buy it,of course.But viruses on Android are also a debatable thing,so it is your choice.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

him
Commissioner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Antivirus may not be necessary but they come with peace of mind + anti theft tools + secure Web browsing. So it won't hurt to install one. Avast uses a lot of resource better try something lightweight like lookout or 360 mobile security.
@fedebt so you finally got your update. Winking Face