account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

4.3. Keyboard - two missing features from 4.1.2 !

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

4.3. Keyboard - two missing features from 4.1.2 !

Hello,

i updated my SP to 4.3 and have to see that 2 functions aren't there anymore.

1) Current word correction suggestion.
This was very helpful in combination with the great swipe feature. Now i just got the "next word suggestion" and i'm unable to disable this. But this is worthless if my current word is wrote wrong. DO write correct, i have to type letter by letter.

2) No language swap key anymore.
I selected german and english, but i'm unable to swap. In 4.1.2 i could swap and was able to write as known as in the main language. Also the "currect word correction suggestion" was switched to the other language.

THESE BOTH FEAUTURES was essential to write very good.

Please bring back these!
In this board and many more i was looking for, the people are angry/frustrated like me.
Also i wasn't able to find a third-party app in the play store with my requirements plus not overloaded with useless functions. I want to have it simply and clean.

Now i wrote all my frustrations.

Best regards from germany

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Re: 4.3. Keyboard - two missing features from 4.1.2 !

Thanks for your replies.

Now i'm using TouchPal X. This has the features i want and need and a few more good things.

However this isn't an excuse for Sony for this rough mistake of the new keyboard. I hope someone will read this.

8 REPLIES 8
ogu
Commissioner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

I agree, they throw away one of the best keyboards and replaced it with this. New keyboard needs more precision, sometimes, there's only one letter wrong in my typing but it still does not give the correct word suggestion. Also I feel like my dictionary is reduced in word count for my native language. Some really basic words are not there.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I use Perfect Keyboard Pro instead of Sony stock keyboard.
Talent
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I also couldn't get on with the Sony keyboard and replaced it with Hackers Keyboard.

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for your replies.

Now i'm using TouchPal X. This has the features i want and need and a few more good things.

However this isn't an excuse for Sony for this rough mistake of the new keyboard. I hope someone will read this.

ogu
Commissioner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Is TouchPal X any different from the stock keyboard? I was searching for a replacement too and saw TouchPal and it seemed great but then when in the description it says "Default keyboard on Sony" to confirm I took a look at their site and Z1 is right there and you can clearly see Sony on partners list. So I thought "why bother if it's the same thing?"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cootek.smartinputv5

http://www.touchpal.com/en/coodevices.html

Other ones mentioned either do not support my native language or too cluttered or doesn't have swipe... I was looking to swype keyboard, it looked like it operates the same way the old keyboard did but couldn't be sure and some reviewers points that it lags, skips words after long typing etc.

So is touchpal really any better? Or did anyone use swype?

Learner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Absolutly, TouchPal X is different. You can see it on the screenshots or the video on the playstore. I was afraid too that it is cluttered up, but after a short while i like it. And this keyboard has a lot languages supported. You have to download it via his settings seperatly.

ogu
Commissioner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Ok slucky, thank you for your reply.

It did look different but that statement put me off. But since you said that it is different I'll give it a try. Cheers.

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

How do I switch input language in the stock 4.3 keyboard now that the language key is gone?