account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Uninstall Oreo Update

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Uninstall Oreo Update

Hi,

My phone is not working after updating the android to Oreo. Please send me a link asap to uninstall it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Uninstall Oreo Update

you can not uninstall Android. you can repair your xperia phone using xperia companion but xperia companion can not support xperia R1. try to reset your phone. oreo update is better than nogat but oreo has some bug. 

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Tried reset but no change in android version, please help.

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@preetish

Factory reset and Xperia Companion cannot downgrade your OS from Oreo to Nougat, and there is no official method to do so.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Sorry. In this case i can not help. No one can officially downgrade your android version but you can do it unofficial if you have nogat rom OS backup. 

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I know that the reset can not downgraddo androan version but sometimes reset can fix some proble. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

When this bug resolve ??

why you making customer fool, what we can do of  this mobile.

resolve it otherwise we complain on consumer court for your cheating with customers.

we need revert on here fro sony team.

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

UnindUnin Oreo update