account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia R1 Plus - Screen never goes to sleep or turns off after Oreo Update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony Xperia R1 Plus - Screen never goes to sleep or turns off after Oreo Update

HI Sony Team, 

The below bug is seen following OREO update

Please fix the bug on high priority as the screen never goes to sleep or turns off after using the phone.

Goes into locked screen state but display continues to be in ON state draining the battery.

After OREO Update:

1. Change the display --> Sleep --> setting time to 15secs or above

2. Return to home screen and leave the phone in idle mode

3. Home Screen never goes into locked state and never turns off the display 

4. Checked with PIN enabled, and without PIN

This is resulting in quick drain of battery due to constant screen display ON

Please fix the bug at the earliest

Thank you

-Knightfuri

1 REPLY
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony Xperia R1 Plus - Screen never goes to sleep or turns off after Oreo Update

@knightfuri

Could you test this in >>> safe mode ? perhaps an app it's acting up.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)