account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Phone encryption not working.

SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Phone encryption not working.

Phone encryption are not working.if i reboot system or switch on then it will not ask for any password to switch on. In previoup version without password i can not switchs on my system. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone encryption not working.

Yeah, after updating to oreo, you'll have to encrypt it again. Head to settings < security < encryption and credentials < encrypt phone. If you already did it but if it did not ask any password while power on your phone then head to settings < security and location < screen lock < then set up pin or password for lock screen. When you will doing this, a pop up will appear, it will ask you whether you want to set pin during power on your device and tap yes.

Screenshot_20180705-165822.pngGo to screen lock option

Screenshot_20180705-165832.pngEncryption works only in pin or password mode so if you are using pattern lock then encryption will not work

Screenshot_20180705-165838.pngWhen I set up screen lock pin, a pop up appears

I attached some screen shots, how I did it in my r1. Note - encryption will not work in pattern lock. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone encryption not working.

Yeah, after updating to oreo, you'll have to encrypt it again. Head to settings < security < encryption and credentials < encrypt phone. If you already did it but if it did not ask any password while power on your phone then head to settings < security and location < screen lock < then set up pin or password for lock screen. When you will doing this, a pop up will appear, it will ask you whether you want to set pin during power on your device and tap yes.

Screenshot_20180705-165822.pngGo to screen lock option

Screenshot_20180705-165832.pngEncryption works only in pin or password mode so if you are using pattern lock then encryption will not work

Screenshot_20180705-165838.pngWhen I set up screen lock pin, a pop up appears

I attached some screen shots, how I did it in my r1. Note - encryption will not work in pattern lock.