account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

One time poster
Message 41 of 68
Message 41 of 68

Re: Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

Kindly turn off the auto sync of photo music nd videos this will help you read nd rply the msgs atlest

Apprentice
Message 42 of 68
Message 42 of 68

Temporary solution for WhatsApp crash on R1/R1 Plus

Hey guys. 

If your WhatsApp is crashing too often that you can't even use it for even text chat, then this solution is for you. 

Just turn off all the permissions for WhatsApp. This will allow you to use at least the text chat. And if you want to send pictures, turn on permissions and check if it's working for you. If it doesn't work and WhatsApp starts crashing again, simply turn off permissions again. 

This way you can atleast use WhatsApp till they launch an update or till Sony releases a patch. 

To change permissions, go to settings > app and notifications>app info>whatsapp>permissions. Here turn off all the activated permissions. 

Enjoy. Tell me if that worked for you.

Message 43 of 68
Message 43 of 68

Re: Temporary solution for WhatsApp crash on R1/R1 Plus

whatsapp will crash when we download meadia otherwise it will work fine on text chats or emojies.

Apprentice
Message 44 of 68
Message 44 of 68

Re: Temporary solution for WhatsApp crash on R1/R1 Plus

Some of us can't even chat. It's just crashing as soon as we open it

Learner
Message 45 of 68
Message 45 of 68

Hey all friends.. It's happens due to Google.. Google gives orio update to Sony xperia R1 plus and due to some problems google canceled update for this model... So just go to Sony service station and ask about old version.. Thay will reinstall old version...

Thanks

Regular
Message 46 of 68
Message 46 of 68

make the image into from portrait to landscape then post at whatsapp.i tried it is working but but not a 100% solution.

One time poster
Message 47 of 68
Message 47 of 68

Re: WhatsApp crashing after update to Oreo in r1plus

After oreo update whatsapp is crashing while downloading the images send by others and reinstalling the app does not solve the problem. It has been only a week i got this phone. I have a very good experience from sony, i have used only sony mobiles.  Please give solution urgently. 

Rookie
Message 48 of 68
Message 48 of 68

When will we get that..It is already 21 of this month.

One time poster
Message 49 of 68
Message 49 of 68

Sony Xperia R1Plus

I have bought Sony xperiX R1plus recently .after OS update WhatsApp is closing automatically

One time poster
Message 50 of 68
Message 50 of 68

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo Updated, what's app crashing and contact name not displaying for incom/out goin

Hii my phone book is not opening. Saved contact not visible when we dail or receive calls. Please fix this bug at the earliest as its causing inconvenience