account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 51 of 68
Message 51 of 68

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo Updated, what's app crashing and contact name not displaying for incom/out goin

Hi,

Try to take data backup & factory resetting or remove all Gmail account and add it again in your r1 cause even I'm using r1+ and had this issue I removed Gmail and deleted all contacts taking its backup and restored it again after device logged in to Gmail account now only issue I'm facing is what's app crashes while seeing status and downloading pictures, contact and other app works fine 

One time poster
Message 52 of 68
Message 52 of 68

Re: Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

Yes I do this but the problem is still persist.

And also I reinstall it 5 time. Please give a another solution 

Rookie
Message 53 of 68
Message 53 of 68

Whatsup crashed

Oreo update whats crased How fix slove this issue

Pioneer
Message 54 of 68
Message 54 of 68

Re: Whatsup crashed

Do you mean Whatsapp crashed ?

This would be my order of troubleshooting :

Have you tried restarting the phone ?

Updating Whatsapp?

Clear cache ?

Reinstall whatsapp ?

Factory reset ?

One time poster
Message 55 of 68
Message 55 of 68

WhatsApp is not working properly

WhatsApp image not downloading after Oreo update before update mobile was work well so please give solution as soon as possible.

We have try much like WhatsApp reinstall and mobile factory reset but problem remains same

It is urgent for me

One time poster
Message 56 of 68
Message 56 of 68

Re: WhatsApp is not working properly

One time poster
Message 57 of 68
Message 57 of 68

Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

After updating into Oreo my.phone some time freeze.... WhatsApp crashed , camera not open...issue in contacts....please help Sony...give another new security update ...as soon as possible

One time poster
Message 58 of 68
Message 58 of 68

if anybody have same problem go to sony care centre and told them to downgrade the software to naugat. I did Same and now its working fine .

Learner
Message 59 of 68
Message 59 of 68

Give this solution for this problem very irritating

One time poster
Message 60 of 68
Message 60 of 68

Yes I do same thing. But it stopped again when download some  photos.