account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

Rookie
Message 1 of 68
Message 1 of 68

Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

Recently updated Sony Xperia R1 plus with the Android 8.0.0 update.After that WhatsApp is unable to upload/download images.Sometimes other third party applications also crashes.Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

67 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 68
Message 2 of 68

Re: Oreo Update on R1 plus.Whatsapp Crashed.

@Black_Beard

Are you downlading whatsapp from the playstore or other website?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 68
Message 3 of 68

Play store
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 68
Message 4 of 68

Whatsapp is crashing due to camera error. Did you check camera after the update ? My camera is not working after the update. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 68
Message 5 of 68

@Black_Beard

What if you reinstall the app , what other apps are crashing?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

mv4
Adviser
Message 6 of 68
Message 6 of 68

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but to wait for next security patch i.e., 5th March 2018 patch. 😔

Rookie
Message 7 of 68
Message 7 of 68

WhatsApp crashing after update to Oreo in r1plus

Recently updated Sony Xperia R1 plus with the Android 8.0.0 update.After that WhatsApp is unable to upload/download images.Sometimes other third party applications also crashes. I have the same problem do anyone else facing the same issue?

Emperor
Message 8 of 68
Message 8 of 68

Re: WhatsApp crashing after update to Oreo in r1plus

@Nishant9

uninstall and reinstall the app and report back, does this happen while using WiFi or Data

Rookie
Message 9 of 68
Message 9 of 68

Re: WhatsApp crashing after update to Oreo in r1plus

Yeah it happens while using wifi and data, but the app(WhatsApp) is stable if i turn off wifi and data Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 10 of 68
Message 10 of 68

After update to Oreo WhatsApp crashing.

After updating to Android oreo (8.0) in Xperia r1 plus, WhatsApp is crashing when ever I try to attach image or try download it and even viewing statues. 

I have tried resetting the device and reinstalling WhatsApp, but not resolved the problem. help me out..! Slightly frowning Face