account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Camera is not in full screen : Black margin gaps on both left and right side

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Camera is not in full screen : Black margin gaps on both left and right side

Hi Everyone,

I don't know I'm only having this issue, my camera app having black gaps on both right and left side.. Is it normal? When I was seeing the unboxing videos in YouTube, camera looks to fit the screen.. What is the problem with my device? Tell me anyone..Screenshot_20180119-110402.png 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Camera is not in full screen : Black margin gaps on both left and right side

@PraveenSD

What resolution is the camera set on? Find it in your camera settings menu.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Camera is not in full screen : Black margin gaps on both left and right side

it is 13MP 

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@PraveenSD

Do you have any other resolutions available? Did you try any of them?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I tried everything(10MP,8MP and 5MP).. And also same issue when I switch to front camera.. Front camera shots are looks very blur.. It means do I have any problem with Camera hardware? 

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@PraveenSD

Not necessarily, but I don't have an R1 at hand so that's why I'm asking about these settings. I suggest that you find another R1 in a shop or with a friend and see if it also have those black edges.

Did you remove the protective screen film that comes out of the box?

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Yes friend.. I removed..

Highlighted
mv4
Adviser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Screenshot_20180122-151230.png

That is normal. Watch those videos in high definition, you'll be able to make out clearly