account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Android 8 update for R1/R1 Plus must have Album, Walkman, AR Effect, File manager

Learner
Message 1 of 37
Message 1 of 37

Android 8 update for R1/R1 Plus must have Album, Walkman, AR Effect, File manager

What sony think Indian peoples not deserve all app, same thing micromax do and lost his customer base. i am fan of sony but now sony do very bad thing,

And in network setting only 3 modes given as 1. LTE/WCDMA/GSM 2.WCDMA?GSM 3.GSM only,

so where is WDCMA only ?

and no ALBUM, WALKMAN, Filemanager, Video, apps

and battery backup also poor,

its good if all apps like album, Video, Walkman come back in andriod 8 update for R1 Plus.

First time i disappointed with sony product, Worst product ever. Shame

its good if below all application will available in new update (orio 8)

Music, Album, Video, Movie Creator, Spotify,
News, What's New, Sound Photo, AR effect
36 REPLIES
Learner
Message 2 of 37
Message 2 of 37

Re: Android 8 update for R1/R1 Plus must have Album, Walkman, AR Effect, File manager

All apps on google play showing not compatible, is this old OS, why i am not able to install new apps.

Also camera shotter sound not able ot off, even showing Disable but sound coming during click picture

Learner
Message 3 of 37
Message 3 of 37

Re: Android 8 update for R1/R1 Plus must have Album, Walkman, AR Effect, File manager

This is a sony mobile, but why sony apps not available?, even  stamina mode also not available. Its first step of sony to lost his customers in India,

Network modes also need to be addedd as ,

1. LTE/WCDMA/GSM

1. LTE only

2.WCDMA Only

3.GSM only

One time poster
Message 4 of 37
Message 4 of 37

Sony R1 plus No Music player.

Why not support for Sony music , album etc ....?

Learner
Message 5 of 37
Message 5 of 37

Dear Support Team,

This is Mohammad Ashruddin Khan from Alwar Rajasthan, 

I am Sony Xperia customer from August 2014, From that time I suggest Xperia to my so many friends, and everyone satisfied by Xperia, but on 10-Dec-17 me and my friend purchased Xperia R1 plus, because as we see Sony's website that you made it for Indian users, but after purchase I found that this device not have Sony apps, and battery backup only 6-7 hours, and Myxperia also not available for locate device, and camera shutter sound not able to off, even I do enable and disable it but sounds always coming, and speaker also not giving clear sound, speaker creating some vibration in music. Even my 3 year old Xperia E3 also giving more battery backup, and when trying to install Sony apps from play store it's showing"your device not compatible" why?

And AR Effects also not available in camera. 

Dear Sony

Shame on you, what you think Indian users not deserve Sony apps, 

Same thing Micromax do in India like no battery backup,and now Micromax lost his market in India, it's first step of Sony to lost customers, because previously I always suggest everyone to purchase Sony, but now I also dropping Sony , you can check my devices list by my this Gmail id.

When I typing this email keyword's keys stopped working, 

Dear Sony support team, 

Me and my friend purchased these  on 10-12-2017 only before two days and on both device s have same probles,

We Indian love our country, we purchase this model because you promote this R series as for India, but you cheating indians,

I suggest Sony to call all this R series mobils back from customers and from market. Because this series feedback very bad.

Sony only known by its brand, but now what are you doing?, It's look like a Chinese phone having logo of Sony. Because Sony's feel only by Sony apps, Sony's quality,

If my both devices not replaced I will go to consumer court,

And I will send email on your online support system and you send mail like you will call me within 25 hours but still no one contacted me.?

Please escalate this issue to senior management,

If you need my both R1 Plus mobils bill copy I can send,

Best Regards

Mohammad Ashruddin Khan

personal info removed

Learner
Message 6 of 37
Message 6 of 37

its good if below all application will available in new update (orio 8)

Music, Album, Video, Movie Creator, Spotify,
News, What's New, Sound Photo, AR effect

and please improove battery backup.    

I suggest everyone to not buy R series mobile, because sony launch this series as only for  INDIA, but why only in this series sony apps not given, Battery backup poor, Earphone also like a local, no sony logo anywhere, If its Indian segment mobile than why not all sony apps and sony standards not in this phone, what sony think about Indian Users?
Visitor
Message 7 of 37
Message 7 of 37

I also suggest don't purchase the r series which is hopeless phone.. in advertising catlog, it has been mentioned the r series support Volte 4G , but never support this facility. Hopeless company... 

Adept
Message 8 of 37
Message 8 of 37

it supports 4g volte, I have tried with jio, other operators like airtel vodafone doesnot have volte support, check with your operator

R1 plus is really a good phone, don't complain about the apps, there are plenty of apps available in play store, download them

At a decent price you have got an awesome hardware so please stop complaining

One time poster
Message 9 of 37
Message 9 of 37

Sony is known for the sound quality. And not a single option to enhance the sound quality. When I see this in my Sony r1 mobile, I am totally frustrated and I can't believe that this is a Sony mobile...please resolve this as soon as possible in next update.Otherwise this is going to be a big problem.

Highlighted
Message 10 of 37
Message 10 of 37

Android 8 update for R1/R1 Plus must have Album, Walkman, AR Effect, File manager and other sony app

What sony think Indian peoples not deserve all app. Sony is known for the camera and sound quality. please give Album, Walkman, AR Effect, File manager and other sony app in android 8 (oreo) update. Sony only known by its brand don't spoile your brand value in india. And also Sony Xperia r1 plus mobile not detected in Xperia companion application.