account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Upgrading to ICS for Xperia P by Q2

SOLVED
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Upgrading to ICS for Xperia P by Q2

Guys Sony has announced Q2, defined as June.

In their blog, in fact, for the update of P say they will follow immediately after Xperia S.

Immediately after I do not think September.

Sony give us some information? Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

They really need to pull there finger outputting this sorted! This phone has the potential to be great but once again being let down by poor software and poor support. I personally have issues with signal dropping and also WiFi issues where It keeps connecting and disconcerting. Really hoped this would be the phone to get me away from my iPhone but nit a chance,  2 days in and I've had enough already, I called the xperia support line who tolde that the ics update was being rolled out as we speak bit personally I think that's a load of craps.... He'll when talking about the problems with the phone I knew more about it than the so called support technical help!

Very very poor

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Plus auto correct not doin its job right as can be seen by my post lol :-/

Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Forum Legend
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

why you have to say goodbye? it still comming, but it's freaking late.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Yet another month... Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

It looks like all sony developers decided to go on vacation. Or Sony wants to enlarge the "superiority" of Xperia S over P for a month longer. Very sad. I've Bought xperia P now just because it should be upgraded to ICS in June.

Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Still no information from Sony about ICS?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

I'm considering the Xperia P on amazon here in the US.  As having had ICS on my now lost Arc, I hope holding out a little long for the OS update would improve things.  ICS on my Arc was HORRENDOUS!!  Constant freezing, random shutdowns and reboots.  IT SHUT DOWN DURING AN IMPORTANT PHONE CALL!!! 

My experience with everything SONY has been an absolute NIGHTMARE; two junk VAIO pc's, LiveSound headphones that are defective, plus ICS for my Xperia Arc has me also thinking about switching to SAMSUNG.  Raves about the Nexus and other Galaxy devices from SAMSUNG.  Although, from what I have read, SAMSUNG is just as bad as Sony for release OS updates for its mobile phone devices.