account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Upgrading to ICS for Xperia P by Q2

SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Upgrading to ICS for Xperia P by Q2

Hi,

I wanted to know if the timing for the update to ICS for Xperia P will be respected.

The global site of Sony Mobile is clearly reported that ICS will arrive by Q2, that by June.

We are now at the end. There are news beyond those that already exist?

Thanks! Slightly smiling Face

Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

(Upgrade to Android 4, Ice Cream Sandwich, planned in Quarter 2 2012)

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-p/specifications/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Re: Upgrading to ICS for Xperia P by Q2

Yes,but Q2 means by June.If it is released in July it means Q3.The math is not an opinion.

And on your site it is written Q2.

Q2 = 6 months (June)

Q3 = 9 months (September)

Then, immediately after a means few weeks , not a month.

I bet it will end in September as the Xperia U.

Thanks anyway sony!!!! Crying Face

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Yeah, Me too I want to know!

I bought this Device Specifically for It's Specs and even If It didn't have ICS at the time (bummer), Sony clearly specified Q2 2012

If there's going to be a set back I will be at least frustrated and feel once more sold off

(It's the first time after 8 years I trust  SONY again and my hopes/expectations are high thus I bought specifically an NXT series Device)

I already have an Atrix 4G and a LG O2X and both are in waiting queue for an ICS update in Q3 after being In the market ONE year BEFORE the Xperia P.... (It says It all)

I bought this device in order to have the BEST experience with the latest OS in a timely manner and as a consumer I expect what I was promised and nothing more, that is:

A. Q2 update of ICS (Sony still working on it, results are not what users expect, ICS update has yet to hit Xperia P)

B. Superrior Photo and Video Quality thanks to Sony Exmor R sensor (Sony still working on it, results are not what users expect (thankfully It seems that latest sw update actually does *some* work))

C. Superrior Viewing thanks to Bravia Engine and White Magic (Sony Still working on It, results are not what users expect, colour discrepancies especially with the white and yellow colours)

Sony you ought and you must Deliver!

Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Sony are you there?

We want a answer and detailed information.

Especially we want ICS soon as we have been promised. Slightly frowning Face

Genius
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

In our announcement, we advised the following:

"The first smartphone to be upgraded will be Xperia S, starting from the end of June. Then Xperia P will follow, whilst Xperia U will receive it a little later in Q3"

The Xperia P update is not expected to roll out during June however we have advised on our blog that all update roll outs are currently progressing according to plan.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/2012/05/25/update-on-ice-cream-sandwich-rollout-for-xperia-smar...

-

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

Visitor
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Soooo, we are talking here on two geared approach

One approach for buyers (the website/cheese) which Clearly states Q2

Whilst the other approach once you have bought the P and seek for support (the Support forum/blog/cage) states another reality...

Also this is clearly shown by carefully selected words, the ones you quoted:

The first smartphone to be upgraded will be Xperia S, starting from the end of June.

Then Xperia P will follow (Insert your speculation here on when),

whilst Xperia U will receive it a little later in Q3

Way to go!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Really....

Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Yes,but Q2 means by June.If it is released in July it means Q3.The math is not an opinion.

And on your site it is written Q2.

Q2 = 6 months (June)

Q3 = 9 months (September)

Then, immediately after a means few weeks , not a month.

I bet it will end in September as the Xperia U.

Thanks anyway sony!!!! Crying Face

Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Sony we want ICS fast!!!!!!!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Hii,

I would like to point out 1 thing....Sony said Q2 2012... this means Q2 of Financial year 2012 which is (July Aug Sep)

Btw I am new to this forum Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Hello, S.I.D

either you're misinformed or you're confused

A. Sony NEVER-EVER specified anything on Financial Q2 (thing that would be hillarious as It would be the first company to release devices and updates based on financial quarters)

B. Take a peek Here (on General Public/Consumer/everyday people/you & me quarter divide)

Have In mind also that Financial/Fiscal Year-Quarter is different for each country (look here)

Fiscal Quarter for U.S. is:

• 1st quarter: 1 October 2011 – 31 December 2011
  • 2nd quarter: 1 January 2012 – 31 March 2012
  • 3rd quarter: 1 April 2012 – 30 June 2012
  • 4th quarter: 1 July 2012 – 30 September 2012

Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Sony we want ICS fast......