account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My Xperia P is not ready to restart after the Jelly Bean Update -.-

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

My Xperia P is not ready to restart after the Jelly Bean Update -.-

I followed as my PC Companion said, followed all the steps , and then plugged off and pressed the power onn button, and then the "SONY" logo appears , then I was waiting and waiting (Since the Companion had told me tht it may take a few minutes to restart) and then i SLEPT , the next morning it is still showing me the "SONY" thingy -.-

There is no sim in the phone , but I suppose that shouldn't be a problem !!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: My Xperia P is not ready to restart after the Jelly Bean Update -.-

repair it with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Demigod
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

You should be able to start without SIM-card aswell.

It seems that something went wrong with the previous update:

Now you can try to do a repair of the phone software (reinstallation of the software) via Sony PC companion:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know if you are still having this issue after the repair of the phone software.

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

When I connect the phone to the Laptop, then when I click on Update Phone Software it says pls plugg out the USB wire and then remove ur battery and then re-insert and then switch onn (and when i did that yesterday it stopped working :| ) , and when I follow those instructions, it still doesn't opens.

Moreover, wouldn't clicking repair cause the data in my phone like Contacts , Messages etc to lose ? It says it does (I found out tht without connecting the phone)

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

And there is no Repair option when the PC companion is connected with the phone. And within 3-4 minutes the phone starts and gets stuck on tht SONY logo, and then the phone automatically disconnects and the PC companion can no longer detect any phone ...
PLS HELP

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Your phone still shows that logo message?You should just force restart(power button+volume up until the phone vibrates one time) and it should be ok.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Still not working ,

It simply gets stuck at the SONY logo.
Then after every 10 seconds it disappears and then it reappears :/

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

repair it with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

IT WORKED!!

Thanks a ton Brother Slightly smiling Face

May Allah bless you , Ameen! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

any update of Android will cause lacking of a feature on Xperia.

SONY is not up to the task.

Dump SONY