account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

JB

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

JB

Will Xperia P get Jelly Bean update 4.2.2 or 4.1 is final?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: JB

I think neither our mods know the answer.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Perhaps. we can expect 2-3 updates. one will be a minor update for bug fixes and other 4.2.2    

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I think neither our mods know the answer.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

by november 2013 i think our support for xperia P will be over do its doubtfull if we will get 4.2.2 but lets hope we do!

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Going by the amount of new devices sony has released i dont feel we would get 4.2.2 this soon and i did read somewhere the mali 400 gpu in our device is outdated cos Xperia J (Single core 1Ghz, Adreno) got JB 4.1.2 but Xperia sola/ Xperia U(Dual core 1Ghz,,Mali 400) didnt get the JB update. So either its the ageing Novathor or most probably MALI 400.

In India here we have local companies providing devices with JB 4.2.2 for say 10k-14k and my  Sony which i bought for 25k is on 4.1.2 .. make me very angry ( Hardware quality of sony is way better than those phone then why this delay SonyNeutral Face)

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I am so sad to read this...

Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

s now all the xperias are equipped with snapdragen and adreno gpu and in our mali400 too v got only a single core (NovaThor 8500).. i think its time to change our devices to Xepria ZU or Xperia I1(Togari) Dizzy Face

Don't Forget to give Kudos
ROM: PhoenixUltimate, Kernel: Stock
Root/CWM: Yes, Bootloader: RE-Locked (For Bravia)
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Yeah,we are from 2012 and we are so old...I do not have yet money for a change...