account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia m5 Flashlight not working full power after marshmallow update

Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Xperia m5 Flashlight not working full power after marshmallow update

@Sony My xperia m5 flashlight is not working with full strength after marshmallow update when compared to lollipop.Kinsly check and povide an update
16 REPLIES 16
Genius
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Xperia m5 Flashlight not working full power after marshmallow update

Hi @Sutheesh,

There is no setting in the phone to change the brightness for the flashlight. Is it just the flashlight or is it also the flash for the camera?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

@Didrik I didn't ask any adjustment but the Flash is emiting low light oly it's looking like waste
Genius
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

If there is a notable difference compared to when you purchased your device I would recommend that you have an authorized service centre examine your device. In order to find information about local service and warranty procedures contact your Local support.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

@Didrik : When i installed third party application from playstore it's emitting light with full power.I think so ther's some issue's in inbuilt flashlight application.
Genius
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

@Sutheesh,

If you want to make sure you can compare the flashlight in your phone with one from another Xperia M5. Should there not be any difference in strength then there isn't anything wrong with your device, if you however think there is something wrong with your phone I can only recommend you have it sent in to be examined by a technician.

Regular
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Xperia M5 E5603 after Android 6.0 update flashlight not being bright enough

Hello,

I've just updated my Xperia M5 E5603 to Android 6.0 as it appeared new update so I sayed "why not"... and of course problems...

I just noticed that after update my flashlight (this kindda thingy that you swipe from the top to down, somethings that look like this:

http://files.mgsm.pl/test/991/screenshot-2016-03-02-13-24-14-20696.png

The flashlight is under "Latarka" thing.

When  turn it on the flashlight seems to be working, I dunno, maybe on 30-40% of max power.

When I turn the camera on and capture photo in the dark, the flash/backlight is working on full power.

Somebody knows what is happening?

My phone's specs:

Xperia M5

E5603

Android 6.0 (now, before 5.1)

Comlication number: 30.2.A.0.110

Emperor
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Re: Xperia M5 E5603 after Android 6.0 update flashlight not being bright enough

Contact your Local support to get it inspected

@DejvidPL wrote:

Hello,

I've just updated my Xperia M5 E5603 to Android 6.0 as it appeared new update so I sayed "why not"... and of course problems...

I just noticed that after update my flashlight (this kindda thingy that you swipe from the top to down, somethings that look like this:

http://files.mgsm.pl/test/991/screenshot-2016-03-02-13-24-14-20696.png

The flashlight is under "Latarka" thing.

When  turn it on the flashlight seems to be working, I dunno, maybe on 30-40% of max power.

When I turn the camera on and capture photo in the dark, the flash/backlight is working on full power.

Somebody knows what is happening?

My phone's specs:

Xperia M5

E5603

Android 6.0 (now, before 5.1)

Comlication number: 30.2.A.0.110

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

@DejvidPL Now you are in the correct topic. Check suggestions here.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

I have the same problem, torch makes lower light than flash during camera. Is that a problem that sony have to solve with a minor update?