account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia m5 Flashlight not working full power after marshmallow update

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Xperia M5 E5603 after Android 6.0 update flashlight not being bright enough

same problem here. after update the torch light is very weak

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Re: Xperia m5 Flashlight not working full power after marshmallow update

Qhen you use the flashlight as a torch outside camera app, it glows with low intensity as in case of dark conditions it is enough to see so that it saves flashlight & also battery life. Only in camera app, it uses its full intensity.
One time poster
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

M5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow - very low flashlight

Hi everyone, I have issue on marshmallow update. When I updated to the latest os the flashlight turns lower, unlike the 5.1 lollipop the flashlight is brighter and now Im suffering on very low brightness of the flashlight. Anyone, How can I fix this? Im expecting an update patch to fix this because the flashlight is lower than before. Thank you in advance for your answers.
Genius
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Re: M5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow - very low flashlight

Hi!

This isn't something general that I've heard of regarding the Xperia M5. If there is a significant change to the flashlight compared to when you first started using your device I would recommend you have it sent in to be examined by an authorized service centre. The easiest way to proceed with this is by contacting your Local support as they will have more information about that.

If you suspect this to be related to software I would advise performing a software repair using Xperia Companion, though if this doesn't help what you are experiencing is more likely related to hardware rather than software.

Keep me updated!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

My m5 has worst flashligt of all phones. Its like a weak candle, really bad flashlight! There must be something wrong with it.
Genius
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Hi @Requ78,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

I would say that the best way to rule out something being wrong with your phone or not is to compare it with another Xperia M5.

If you however experience something to be wrong with the flashlight with your phone and have tested the previous troubleshooting in this thread I would advise you to have your phone sent in to an authorized service centre to be examined. I'm not sure how warranty and service procedures work in your area, I would recommend that you contact your local support team for further information.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hello, i have the sam problem here, i`ve been to services, they tell me the hardware is ok, they even istaled android 5.1, but after marshmallow update the flashlight is much weaker, it flashes on 40% of its full power, i used other app that turn on flashlight it is brighter, so maybe it is realy in softare update, please check that firs, i am very satisfied with my Xperia m5, and also i have a problem with camera app, it says that the camera is using another application, i have closed every app that could use it but without any results, i have to restart the mobile phone to make it work again, yes it was on service regarding that problem. Even with those "small" problems the phone is great.