account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia M5 Won't Turn On

Apprentice
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Xperia M5 Won't Turn On

@John-BR

Good day sir! I have found out what causes my sony xperia m5 auto shutdown.
When i used the GSM(2g)- Network type..my phone doesnt shutdown..but if i use
WCDMA..it will shutdown! Any software update for this sir? because i dont
want to bring my phone to a repair center because it will take days to
weeks or months before I can get my cellphone back because I live in a
province..& im using it everyday. Hope this can be repaired through updates

Commissioner
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

I had the same feeling as you about sending in the phone, but sending in the phone is also one way to help them look at the issue seriously. So I advice you to send it in!

Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Hi guys,

Can anybody face same problem in firmware 30.0.B.1.23, bcoz i can't after update to 30.0.B.1.33 i have these issues. pls reply if any one know abt that.

Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Hi rjb777,

I got the phone and they just did a software upgrade. So I got the latest upgrade yet the issue is not resolved. Waited for three weeks yet nothing improved. I saw your post, I'm from PH too.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

@m5_dual_user

Too bad.i'm about to send my phone. I already did that software update thru PCC but same to you..it did not solve it..I called Sony PH center a number of times & emailed them but I think they dont know how to fix our problem..As i can see thru your experience..they just did the software update..but pwaa..nothing happened..so whats your plan man? please update me if you returned it again to sony..some forums says in GArena that their Sony center replaced their hardware & it fix it..but I dont know here in Sony Ph.

Learner
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Same issue with phone not responding when trying to turn on. This randomly happens every two to three days. Plugging it back into charger fixes it. Have not tried pc companion fix so will give that a shot. Also battery drains very quickly. Typing this message it has already dropped 4 percent. My feeling is that the battery is cactus on the m5. BTW this is the second m5 that has had exactly the same problem.

Sony either get a fix or recall the phone. If not fixed asap it's goodbye Sony.
One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

It appears Sony makes no effort to fix this problem which seems to have persisted judging from forum messages for over 2 years now. My fiance just purchased an M5 and during the course of just 5 days it has rebooted a minimum of three times per day. This problem is not solved by some repair tool or "Local Support" but the root problem is with Sony and they should fix this from their future phones which also seem to inhabit the same issue weither its software or hardware. I have had Samsung phones and now two LG's and never experienced this kind of issue. 

I have lost all faith in Sony and will most definitely attempt to convince everyone I know never to purchase one of their phones after reading about this issue.

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

@Hampus: I really cannot believe with how much ignorance Sony is treating this as well as the sudden death issue. How many of these messages are needed to help with something else than "please do the PC companion stuff" and "turn to your local supporter".

Sorry to say that. I went back to my old M2 Dual. My M5 is unusable as long as Sony is not relieving us from this awful issue. I am asking myself why I paid so much for this crap phone

Sorry to say that.

Smiling Face with Horns

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Hi my xperia m5 also turn off sometimes and did not turn on untill i conect charger
Did any body have any solotion?