Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2016-07-31 02:16 PM - edited 2016-08-09 07:19 AM
Overall: Good update but in need of quick bug fixing update
here are the changelog from what I observed:
- UI has some sort of similar appearance to Xperia X
- Usual marshmallow stuff
- Camera now has predictive autofocus similar to Xperia X
- Image quality stays the same, but I noticed in superior auto the camera shoots in less crazy ISO in low light
- Selfie camera shoots better quality image in low light. Previously the software really likes shooting at ISO 3200 and 1/10s, now it's ISO 1000-1100 on average and 1/14s shutter speed. The colours got better too, previously the colour is a bit desaturated when shooting in low light, now it's nicely punchy
- Fireworks mode doesn't have yellow tint anymore
- Soft keys, status bar colour, app drawer button, slider bars now correspond to new themes. Previously on 5.0.2 & 5.1.1, everytime I change theme to non stock sony theme the soft keys and remains stock xperia style
- Macro focusing is more responsive, previously it was a bit of a pain
- Camera apps opens faster and image processing is faster too
And now to the seriously annoying bugs:
- Frame rate drops occurs quite often when I watch videos on MX Player and Stock Video player, even when I watch 360p & 720p videos. 60fps and higher resolution videos are worse. This is really annoying because I like to watch a lot videos on my phone, and frame rate drops is something i see on cheap and old phones only, not on premium device such as Xperia M5.
- BUG ON THE CLOCK! The clock on the status bar shows inaccurate time but strangely the widget and lockscreen clock shows accurate time. This caused me to nearly come late to the office and work overtime
- Everytime I open my image in the album right after shooting, it takes a while to zoom in, edit, share etc.
- At maximum brightness, the screen is a bit dimmer than before
2016-08-06 07:58 PM
- bigger overheating, even when talking over the phone or browing the web :/.
- issues with SD card with I didn't have on android 5.1 - photos have gray stripes
- less options in batery save, cannot adjust stamina mode, no power save pode etc. I know that doze was introduced in this updated, however all this options hould be available.
2016-08-06 10:05 PM
2016-08-09 07:18 AM
Is anyone experiencing any of these issues? I just recently found them:
- MASSIVE Battery Drain from playing music even when the phone is in standby
- Occasional screen flickering on manual brightness (haven't tested auto brightness though)
2016-08-09 07:48 AM
2016-08-19 11:36 PM
2016-08-20 05:25 PM
2016-08-28 05:44 AM