account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony xperia m5 update could not install

Apprentice
Message 1 of 56
Message 1 of 56

Sony xperia m5 update could not install

I can download the marshmellow update but when i click on install i get an error it says Could not install the new software version. Try again. I tried couple of times downloading the same update but it still doesn't install.

55 REPLIES 55
Emperor
Message 2 of 56
Message 2 of 56

Re: Sony xperia m5 update could not install

Are you using XC?

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 56
Message 3 of 56

Xc ??
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 56
Message 4 of 56

No i au downloading it fromage my phone update center
Emperor
Message 5 of 56
Message 5 of 56

Keep us updated. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 6 of 56
Message 6 of 56

sony xperia software update problems

hey guys i dont know what is going on but is like the 10 time that i downloaded that latest uppdate on my M5 and when i try to install it restart and all but say it could be installed?? pls help me 

Emperor
Message 7 of 56
Message 7 of 56

Re: sony xperia software update problems

@belford

what if you use XC ?

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Learner
Message 8 of 56
Message 8 of 56

My Xperia M5 is not updating

I've just bought a Sony Xperia M5 3 days ago after my Xperia C has had its final breath, it came with marshmallow 6.0 out of the box and there was a pending update, I tried installing it, it downloads the update, restarts then a minute after restarting it shows a message that the update has failed.

what I've tried:

using PC companion

factory resetting the device

in total I've tried about 10 times, I've done some research here and nothing seems to help, please assist.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 56
Message 9 of 56

Re: My Xperia M5 is not updating

Dear Now PC Companion not support for the updates. so try to update using Xperia Companion. and if you have already try with Xperia companion there is a another way to update phone using Flashtool. you can flash you phone using flash tool with or without loosing personal data. i think it will be helpful for you.

thanks

Learner
Message 10 of 56
Message 10 of 56

Re: My Xperia M5 is not updating

actually I realized when I googled PC companion it gave me Xperia Companion, any link for this flashing tool and does it affect the warranty?