account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Need to transfer ONLY a select missing batch of data from old Z1 to new M5

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Need to transfer ONLY a select missing batch of data from old Z1 to new M5

Sorry in advance for the lengthy essay. I just want to be comprehensive so I cover all the necessary info required to find a solution.

I used to own an Xperia Z1 compact, but upgraded to an Xperia M5. I followed advice at Three Ireland at the time of upgrading to use Sony Bridge for Mac to backup everything on the Z1 onto my Mac, and then transfer all the data to my new M5. Unfortunately though, I didn't notice at the time that the transfer failed to add the most recent 3-4 months of data to the new M5. And I used the M5 and added a lot of new photos and videos in the meantime before noticing the missing data. 

My M5 is at this moment in time damaged and needs to be sent to Sony for repair, and I need to backup everything on the M5. But I would like to know if there is a way to only selectively transfer the missing months of pics and videos from the old Z1 to the new M5? Three Ireland customer agents suggested Xperia Transfer now that Sony Bridge for Mac is no longer supported. But all the How-To guides I've watched on youtube seem to only show how to transfer ALL the data on an old phone onto a new empty phone. I don't want to try and add everything from the Z1 onto the M5 again in case I end up with duplicates of everything except the missing 3-4 months of pics and videos. 

Can someone suggest a solution that will help me transfer the necessary missing data please?