account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 341 of 812
Message 341 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Sent mine back to eGlobal in Hong Kong with a copy of the testing instructions. Took them a week to assess it. Now apparently it's going to take up to 4 weeks to repair. I am a little annoyed but in the end I know it's not eGlobal's fault it's Sony for not testing enough before releasing.
One time poster
Message 342 of 812
Message 342 of 812

Re: Xperia M5 E5603, E5606, E5653, E5663

My M5 SHUTS DOWN TOO.

I mean my patience is gone. Happens too many times a day now. More frequent and it's only 2 months old.

Just replace our phones. Admit that the unit is erroneous and save Sony from anymore damages. This is not a joke. Spent Php 20,000 for this and you want all buyers to pile up on Service Centers? Please. It has been recalled before you should not have let us buy this.

Inhabitant
Message 343 of 812
Message 343 of 812

@fish_head_curry wrote:

@fish_head_curry wrote:
Hi, some status update from my M5- story:
After several weeks I have received the answer from Sony (Thanks Rickard, I really appreciated) that Malaysia would be my responsible support center.
I wrote to them (it is my 5th request I wrote to Sony in this matter).
Is there anybody from Malaysia having experience with the Malaysian SC in respect to M5 support?
I would be very thankful for some help from you!
Thanks

Day after: SC Malaysia accepted to be responsible for the repair. They answered after my lengthy request what should be done with: "Install PCC, update firmware".

... Okay ... doesn't sound promising. The supporter seems not to have understood what is going on ...

I responded, that I had done so already (PCC) and that I would have the latest software version.

... I wonder what will come next .....

Some positive experience with SC Malaysia around here?

Day 2

A friendly email came from SC Malaysia and they agreed that my M5 is released by them and they are responsible for its repair.

Teaching No1: In case one does not know which is the responsible Sony Support Center for the phone: send the IMEI of yours to a support center and request the corresponding Sony support center.

But instead of sending me the address, they wrote lengthy that the transport costs are on my expenses ..... In the name of God okay, let it be so .....

Day 3: After remailing them requesting the address I received two.

1. Ixsun Sdn Bhd Lot 1.35E & F, 1st Floor, Podium Block, Plaza Berjaya,No 12, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur Tel: 0321432989/ 0321452989
  2.  SEMS Services Sdn. Bhd (HQ) W-10-13, 10th Floor, Melawangi Business Suite, 18,Jalan Persiaran Barat, 46050 Petaling Jaya Selangor AMCORP Trade Centre, Tel: 0379542323; 0162272767

I will choose the one in Kuala Lumpur.

Now, it is my turn ....

... I wonder what will come next .....

Inhabitant
Message 344 of 812
Message 344 of 812

@Tatos wrote:
Try to turnoff stamina mode and any power saving option should be turned off

Did not help with mine ... Afterwards: still Skull

Adviser
Message 345 of 812
Message 345 of 812

Ok, i'm back with the report.

It's been a whole week - and i never had a "sudden death" since I got the battery replaced. So yes - I assume it is a battery problem after all. And tell You what: after the replacement I do not experience any glitches, sound bugs and all the other stuff. So, all-in-all, I can finally relax and just keep this phone, because, as long as I get this fixed - there seems to be no other problem in this phone. Just take your time and replace the battery, looks like a solution.

GL everyone.

Commissioner
Message 346 of 812
Message 346 of 812

@Arroz15 wrote:

Ok, i'm back with the report.

It's been a whole week - and i never had a "sudden death" since I got the battery replaced. So yes - I assume it is a battery problem after all. And tell You what: after the replacement I do not experience any glitches, sound bugs and all the other stuff. So, all-in-all, I can finally relax and just keep this phone, because, as long as I get this fixed - there seems to be no other problem in this phone. Just take your time and replace the battery, looks like a solution.

GL everyone.

Congratulation.....mine is also going strong.

Apprentice
Message 347 of 812
Message 347 of 812

It's over a month now since i have experience the sudden death and now I haven't had any problems with it. Just the occasional heating issue thats bug's me. Sony here in palawan recall all
Apprentice
Message 348 of 812
Message 348 of 812

M5 the staff said they're having issues with that unit
One time poster
Message 349 of 812
Message 349 of 812

Hi, I am also facing the same issue but it happens occasionally. Did you send to SC centre? Any positive outcome?
Learner
Message 350 of 812
Message 350 of 812

Hello. "Magistrum" wrote that they had changed the device's transciever. Did you just get a new battery? Still working? 

My phone does not shut off when not using sim card. Meaning no network. That makes me wonder if it really helps changing battery..?? 

I bought my M5 in Thailand. I live in Sweden and can´t get no help from Sony here. Slightly frowning Face