account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 331 of 812
Message 331 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Hi everyone! I don't really know if this will help everyone but this somehow worked for me. I disabled the "AutopoweroffService" in the Apps setting. It's been more than 12 hours now and no auto shutting down. I'm even using 4G/LTE network.
Learner
Message 332 of 812
Message 332 of 812

The trouble take place when you move on the street because if you stay in a place whithout get out yous house or your work the Xperia M5 doesn't turn off yet with 4G and 3G active, the problem is when you go out, I don't know what's the real problem but I tried with PC Companion at the last firmware and the trouble persists then if someone know another way to fix it, please share with us.

Inhabitant
Message 333 of 812
Message 333 of 812

Re: Auto turn off

@Phy wrote:
Repair the device with Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Have you tried yourself? I daresay no. I am interested in your experiences in respect to M5.

Inhabitant
Message 334 of 812
Message 334 of 812

@ronmahiii_zUltra_m5 wrote:
Hi everyone! I don't really know if this will help everyone but this somehow worked for me. I disabled the "AutopoweroffService" in the Apps setting. It's been more than 12 hours now and no auto shutting down. I'm even using 4G/LTE network.

It didn't work with my M5. Still Skull

Inhabitant
Message 335 of 812
Message 335 of 812

@fish_head_curry wrote:
Hi, some status update from my M5- story:
After several weeks I have received the answer from Sony (Thanks Rickard, I really appreciated) that Malaysia would be my responsible support center.
I wrote to them (it is my 5th request I wrote to Sony in this matter).
Is there anybody from Malaysia having experience with the Malaysian SC in respect to M5 support?
I would be very thankful for some help from you!
Thanks

Day after: SC Malaysia accepted to be responsible for the repair. They answered after my lengthy request what should be done with: "Install PCC, update firmware".

... Okay ... doesn't sound promising. The supporter seems not to have understood what is going on ...

I responded, that I had done so already (PCC) and that I would have the latest software version.

... I wonder what will come next .....

Some positive experience with SC Malaysia around here?

Learner
Message 336 of 812
Message 336 of 812

Try to turnoff stamina mode and any power saving option should be turned off
Learner
Message 337 of 812
Message 337 of 812

Update - Sony called me they told me its a battry problem I have to take it in and they will then fix the battry that will fix the issue 

Adviser
Message 338 of 812
Message 338 of 812

Ok, just got my phone back from service center. Changed the battery, no fee. Gonna come back in some time to tell if it fixed the problem. Looks good so far.

One time poster
Message 339 of 812
Message 339 of 812

I have followed this thread the past month, and here in Brazil, after sending it to the support center for the repair they sent it back alleging to have changed the device's transciever. It's been working since then(1 day). I'll post an update if the problem resurfaces.

Learner
Message 340 of 812
Message 340 of 812

Hi 

Please I hope that you will tell us about your experience in the next days with your M5 after the replacement your battery, according to me this pass when you have mobile data on because when you turn off the mobile data and only with calls the M5 doesn't turn off.