account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 311 of 812
Message 311 of 812

Re: M5 screen goes black

Yes she had her screen protector film that came with the phone. I have taken it off and see how it goes.

I will let you know if it happens again.

Thanks
One time poster
Message 312 of 812
Message 312 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Hi sbpa27, it does make sense. I will uninstall the Google Play Store updates and see how it goes.

Emperor
Message 313 of 812
Message 313 of 812

Re: M5 screen goes black

@saswatch

keep us updated. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 314 of 812
Message 314 of 812

I had the same problem with my M5 but I found a solution and I've been using my phone for about a month now without it suddenly shutting down. 

Settings > More > Mobile Network Settings > Preferred Network type > choose "GSM only"

This is the fix I did and it's been working fine ever since. Yea, I can't do mobile data but that's cool with me. I've tried other fixes but this is the only fix I found that works. 

Hope this helps you guys too! 

One time poster
Message 315 of 812
Message 315 of 812

I found the fix for this.
It happens when your device has weak signal (more like low bandwidth). This started happening as soon as I moved into a area with weak signal and stopped as soon as I moved out. This has been consistent with everytime I enter the area experiancing poor signal quality. However I also uninstalled battery boosting apps and device clean up utilty apps.
Goodluck
One time poster
Message 316 of 812
Message 316 of 812

Sony XPERIA M5 DUAL CRASHES /SHUTDOWN

Any fix on this problem? Already repair with PCC. Even if the battery is fully charged, the Xperia M5 Dual shutdown and cannot turn on, until I plug it on charger. While in use I.e on social apps its shutsdown and its won't power on untill its connected on the charger. the Battery life is so weak to say the least.

Seems I'm not only one with this problem. Don't know if it a Android 5.0 bug or the phone its self is one expensive piece.

When will Xperia M5 Dual get Android 5.1.1?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 317 of 812
Message 317 of 812

Re: Sony XPERIA M5 DUAL CRASHES /SHUTDOWN

Commissioner
Message 318 of 812
Message 318 of 812

Re: Sony XPERIA M5 DUAL CRASHES /SHUTDOWN

@Lsndlovu wrote:

Any fix on this problem? Already repair with PCC. Even if the battery is fully charged, the Xperia M5 Dual shutdown and cannot turn on, until I plug it on charger. While in use I.e on social apps its shutsdown and its won't power on untill its connected on the charger. the Battery life is so weak to say the least.

Seems I'm not only one with this problem. Don't know if it a Android 5.0 bug or the phone its self is one expensive crap.

When will Xperia M5 Dual get Android 5.1.1?
Please goto this conversation http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M5/M5-suddenly-shuts-off-every-10-minuts/m-p/1037964#U1037964
You will be surprised how many of your friends will be......
You are not alone...
Learner
Message 319 of 812
Message 319 of 812

@RegG123

Same thing happen to me. Only shutdown when in weak signal @basement parking / elevator. But never happen in good signal coverage. Tomorrow i will collect my phone from SC after they change the battery. I will see how it goes and update.

One time poster
Message 320 of 812
Message 320 of 812

Hi..

i'm from malaysia..

i have took my phone from SC and the symptom was still exist..

when i contact SC they ask me to use PCC..

they said they have change my battery..

Nothing Happen..Question