account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 812
Message 21 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Its a shame Sony service center guys also couldnt fix the problem... i also informed them that many users are facing the same problem. but i guess they are ignorant of support forums

I guess we will have tto wait for the next update...Till then new comers pls dont buy this phone...Pass on the message to whoever wishes to buy this product.

Message 22 of 812
Message 22 of 812

it's useless then.. This is very frustrating.. Haven't had the ROI for this.. It's just few weeks.. it was supposed to be a good spec for a smartphone but appears to be not as smart at all.. is Sony even reading this forum?

I had to cut my SIM to nano too.. I'm not using WiFi.. i'm using data.. i had to uninstall several applications.. i even deleted games.. what kind of smartphone who doesn't support many apps.. 

Here's another, i tried to buy 32GB micro sd yesterday.. I transferred all my music, video and photos to SD card hoping that the built in memory being free (total of ~8GB) will save me from this dreaded AUTO-SHUTDOWN... nothing.. nothing works.. hopeless.. i'm very very frustrated... 

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 812
Message 23 of 812

I think you all should visit service center and ask for soutions. Then they might reliase tht all the handsets are facing common issue...

Till then factory reset your phone and use clean master and switch on boost charge..

One more solution can be drain your battery to 0%...then charge it to 100%. Restart your phone. After restart Chk the battery percentage. If its Less then 100% charge it back to 100 and restart your phone again.. Solution given by a friendly shopkepper.

Waiting for the s/w update. Hope SONY is reading this!!!

Inhabitant
Message 24 of 812
Message 24 of 812

Need software update to.fix shutdown issue

Phone switches off during calls and for switching on i need to attach it to charging cable or power bank. Otherwise it wont start. Replaced my handset once. Yet facing the same problem with new handset too. Service center ppl didnt help either.
Please release a sw update for the same.
Message 25 of 812
Message 25 of 812

Re: Need software update to.fix shutdown issue

Nehag i did the reset factory settings.. wiped out all data and everything.... after few hours (~6 hrs) later, it went off again.. It has automatically shutdown 3x already since i did that yesterday... need that software update badly or else, this will be useless..

Inhabitant
Message 26 of 812
Message 26 of 812

Return the phone and buy samsung. I m.planning to do tht. Sony is not concerned about the issues.
Learner
Message 27 of 812
Message 27 of 812

Hi guys. I'm having the same problem and was searching for a solution. Came across the fact that Sony phones have been experiencing what is called as "sudden death" for quite some time. Came across this youtube video that suggests how to re-start the phone without using the charger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU2u0ISzTzs. You can search the net for more info

Would like you guys to try out this solution and let us know if it works. Question is why hasn't the solution already been implemented if it is not a new issue. 

This problem doesn't seem to be rampant otherwise the forum would have been flooded with complaints. Would like to know if the phone you've bought is from an authorized reseller or an import bought of ebay or bought through a friend. If it is restricted to such phones, then maybe Sony is purposely de-stabilizing the device, albeit clandestinely.

Would like your comments and feedback

If this worked for you, please consider donating some money to me at paypal id abhishek.bhatnagars@gmail.com Solve When Xperia Z Does Not Power Up Even When You Charge it using power adaptor. -- You can connect to us on following places http://www.gadgetstouse.com - Read detailed gadgets reviews ...
Message 28 of 812
Message 28 of 812

Sheldonski, i bought my Xperia M5 dual through an authorized reseller.. Just saw the youtube video and let me try that one out if it shuts off again.. I have been trying the long press power button and one of the volume button and it doesn't start.. but the video suggests press both the volume buttons with the power button... i haven't tried that.. I'll respond to this post if it works.. can't afford to force turn off my phone now while it's ok.. 

Learner
Message 29 of 812
Message 29 of 812

Hi. That answer the question. Just a suggestion. It appears that the phone starts being erratic a few days after use. Since startup, a lot of the software (app software and not the firmware) gets updated in the background. I think the phone misbehaves after this update occurs.

Possible solution is to factory reset the phone, restart and pause all software updates till the next firmware update. You can update apps progressively to isolate which apps is causing the problem.

I haven't tried this solution cause I'm returning the phone to the seller. But perhaps someone on the board can.

Message 30 of 812
Message 30 of 812

Sheldonski, the power + volume button doesn't work.. so i did the reset factory settings.. so i'm going to try that again.. and not update the apps this time..