account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 812
Message 11 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Same problem.with my.phone too. Phone shuts down during calls and would not start until plugged to a power source. Song service centr replaced my phone. But still facing the same issue.
One time poster
Message 12 of 812
Message 12 of 812

I'm experiencing same problem. It' s so hard whenever i'm not in my house and i couldn't turn it on.. What should I do?

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 812
Message 13 of 812

The solution doesnt work.Sony has replaced my phone too...But same issue...i guess all the handsets are facing same issue as they are not proerly tested. Need s/w update for the phone asap. 

Message 14 of 812
Message 14 of 812

I experienced the same and started to get frustrated. I bought my M5 dual last last week. It was ok for 3 - 4 days. After that it automatically shuts off. It's frustrating to have my phone plugged in to my power bank before I can use it. I'm always on travel that's why I bring with me my powerbank.  I'll try to install the new update. I hope this will resolve the issue.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 812
Message 15 of 812

Pls share the update with all of us. I am visting Sony service center today. Lets see if they can resolve the error.
One time poster
Message 16 of 812
Message 16 of 812

Nehag - please give us update after visiting sony center about this problem. That would be very much appreciated.

Message 17 of 812
Message 17 of 812

I updated the software to 30.0.B.1.33 (it used to be 30.0.B.1.23). Still no luck.. i was enjoying it for 5 hours.. but then there it went and shut off automatically again.. And I can't start it without having been plugged to a power source. This is really frustrating.

Message 18 of 812
Message 18 of 812

hi Nehag. Any luck with you visit to Sony? I'm still getting the annoying automatic shutdown.. It's driving me nuts.

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 812
Message 19 of 812

My phone is under observation with the service center. They will reply today.lets hope for the best.
One time poster
Message 20 of 812
Message 20 of 812

I've had the problem since last week and I've been on research online for it day and night. What I can conclude is, its not a hardware problem or technical glitch. Its also not a firmware error. I can say all this because it hasn't happened with everyone who bought the M5 dual. So I can say its definitely something that we have in common thats producing this behaviour. From the top of my head, these are the aspects that might be common between us, check and reply if any of these match with you:

1. I've had to cut my sim into a Nano-sim for this phone.

2. Can't remember it going off while connected to WiFi. ( I can only say WiFi cuz thats all I can connect to for now, might also work when u're connected to data)

3.I've had the device connected to USB for long hours before seeing the abnormal behaviour. 
4.Google play updated the night before I started to see the behaviour.

As I can see above that some of you have tried deleting all your softwares and still haven't got rid of it, our last resort is to match our google play and other important updates, and check if any of these are causing a clash with the firmware.