account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 291 of 812
Message 291 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Hi also from SA and got the phone from cell c as well. long story short i sent it back to cell c and they sent it to sony, it took 7 working days and i was given the same phone and they said they "replaced a part" and did "5 upgrades" , we drove back from the cell c main centre in Joburg and in 10 minutes the phone shut down again. I told cell c and they said i can try and phone sony directly i have their number (not one from the internet as that one is to a chinese call centre) and i am planning to call tomorrow and see if they acknowlege the problem because using a phone on 2G is impossible.

Inhabitant
Message 292 of 812
Message 292 of 812

So @delixis is your phonw shutting down again? I got mineraali week ago But had to take it back to SC for a different matter though.
Adept
Message 293 of 812
Message 293 of 812

Hi Pinoy_dito,

That is indeed working, if you set the phone on GSM, but............let's be honest.... why do you think I bought the latest midrange Sony smartphone?

Anwer: to be able to use 4G (LTE)  !!!

Commissioner
Message 294 of 812
Message 294 of 812

@AliceCovers wrote:
@so @delixis is your phonw shutting down again? I got mineraali week ago But had to take it back to SC for a different matter though.

@yes @AliceCovers, I have had shutting down twice after a month of using a replacement one.  However, I doubted that it has involved with Ampere app.  After I make sure that the problem gone, I installed Ampere app.  This app is a premium version which I have paid for it.  It wouldn't work as normal as with my Xperia Z3.  It can measure charging current very fine indeed but always show "0" value as battery discharging. After a few days of using it then sudden death came again.  So, I got rid of it and the sudden death also disappear with it.  I really do not know what had happened.  But to be sure, power management system on this particular Xperia is so very sensitive. 
I still have an eye closely on my M5.  Wish me luck......

Regular
Message 295 of 812
Message 295 of 812

Hi guji27, I am from Victoria and have the same problem.  Dropping down the signal to 3G or GSM didn't make any difference.  The phone just randomly shut itself down, corrupted photo transfer to memory card. used 3 different brand of microsd.  My M5 is grey import, local Support Centre won't honour the warranty. Sent my phone back to Hong Kong before Christmas, it could take up to 4 weeks for repair. It's extremely frustrating as this phone ticked all the box for me.  Only if it stays on to be able to make a phone call...

One time poster
Message 296 of 812
Message 296 of 812

From SA, too, with MTN, already had my brand new M5 replaced after one day's use, replaced phone started to show the same problem within a week. Still experimenting with LTE settings before I return to the MTN agents.

Learner
Message 297 of 812
Message 297 of 812

@rickard

I sent email to local SC regarding this issue and they replied that i have to use pcc. I don't think the SC awarebof this matter and how to fix it.

Apprentice
Message 298 of 812
Message 298 of 812

Hi Cnatale, im from Sydney, and my M5 has this problem too. I did the same as you and purchased from HK. Was your issue fixed? And curious to how you managed to send the phone overseas - I was under the impression that we Aussies can't send anything with a battery outside the country.

Cheers

Andy

Adviser
Message 299 of 812
Message 299 of 812

Andy,

I just sent my M5 back to eGlobal from Brisbane. I even sent the instructions on how to test the phone that I found in this thread. It is quite expensive to send it back though so you have to work out if it's worth you doing it. It cost me $117 through a courier. I will be getting them to film a test on the phone and post it on youtube before they send it back. They asked me to post up a youtube video of the phone failing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8wCBB9l3A

Hopefully this will finally get resolved.

Shows the Xperia M5 shutting down because of the battery lock issue.
Learner
Message 300 of 812
Message 300 of 812

Hi, any news from Cellc I also got mine there same issue?