account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 261 of 812
Message 261 of 812

Re: Force shut down / automatically shut down

Actually almost every M5 user experience the same thing. No solution detected for now
Commissioner
Message 262 of 812
Message 262 of 812

@Syedhaziq wrote:
Actually almost every M5 user experience the same thing. No solution detected for now

If you scroll through this thread, you will see the real solution.  It is battery issue.  Sony will replace a new improved battery for you if you handset suffered, so call 'Battery Lock'.

So go visit your local Sony SC, they will do the right thing for you.

I hope the stock of new lot of battery is readily available now.

Good luck, you need it.

One time poster
Message 263 of 812
Message 263 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

I had exactly the same problem, sudden shut off and need to be plugged to a charger to switch it on again. It was a brand new phone!
It wasn't cheap!

SONY! What's the compensation
One time poster
Message 264 of 812
Message 264 of 812

I have the autoshutdown problem too.
One time poster
Message 265 of 812
Message 265 of 812

Another victim here (Australia).

On my second one after getting first one replaced. Same problem again after 1st day. Havent downloaded a single app. Also the camera on the replacement doesn't even work. Crying Face 

EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED SONY!

Apprentice
Message 266 of 812
Message 266 of 812

Isn't It Very Strange..

Hi everyone,

Sony M5 relaesed in September and since that day almost users have had the shutting down problem and now we are at the end of the December however still there aren't any update, explanation, or news from Sony officialy.. Isn't it very strange ?

Can you explain that situations ?

Learner
Message 267 of 812
Message 267 of 812

@delixis wrote:

@Syedhaziq wrote:

If you scroll through this thread, you will see the real solution.  It is battery issue.  Sony will replace a new improved battery for you if you handset suffered, so call 'Battery Lock'.

Good luck, you need it.

R u try at location that problem happened before? Mine started the problem after 12th wonderful day after purchase. It happened twice in basement parking and one in the elevator when i on my way to SC. Both location no/mininum telco coverage. Suspected the prob related to bandwith receiver or worst could be the 'new' processor.

Commissioner
Message 268 of 812
Message 268 of 812

@eddyh wrote:

@delixis wrote:

@Syedhaziq wrote:

Good luck, you need it.

R u try at location that problem happened before? Mine started the problem after 12th wonderful day after purchase. It happened twice in basement parking and one in the elevator when i on my way to SC. Both location no/mininum telco coverage. Suspected the prob related to bandwith receiver or worst could be the 'new' processor.

From the first time I have had this problem with my M5, I thought it must be power management flaws.  Since it acts like when you depleted your phone battery.  When this happen you won't be able to turn your phone on, even though the battery would have some juice left.  We know this is self protection system of LiON batteries.  You have to plug in charger to turn it on.

It almost same thing happen to our M5.  All LTE phones almost use its maximum power for hunting signal, and this thing happen just that.  But normal batteries have enough capacity to cope with that but not this problematic lot.  So, it shuts down itself and acts like depletion, doesn't it?

Yes, I think Sony have the right way to solve this issue.

Message 269 of 812
Message 269 of 812

Hi Guys

As my experience auto shut down only occur while using 3g or 4g services, earlier i have same problem but after reconfigure by sony service center & replacing sim card it got resolved, I suggest you to make an trial with new sim card good luck.

Learner
Message 270 of 812
Message 270 of 812

My Xperia M5 Dual autoshut down randomly

Hello,
I am from Tunisia, I bought my Smartphone Xperia M5 Dual from Dubai since 1 month. From 2 weeks my phone autoshut down randomly. I have to plug it to ac to power it or USB Cable. I tried a reset & a boot in safe mode but nothing works. i feel so sad about it above all I am far from the store (Dubai). Please I would like to know the origin of this problem & if it can be fixed since it still in warranty.
Thank you.