account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 812
Message 1 of 812

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

It just randomly shuts off whenever not connected with a charger(more than 10 times just tonight). When it's done, I can't restart it unless connect to a charger, which means it's totally a stone when I'm out of my room.

And I just bought it 3 days ago. Never heard of any problems like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 212 of 812
Message 212 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service. We are aware of comments from customers regarding their Xperia M5 device automatically shutting down and only powering back on when phone is connected to the charger through the USB cable. Customers with this concern can contact their authorized service centre to have their phone assessed to ensure it is performing as expected. If you need information on your nearest authorized service location, please contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

811 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 812
Message 2 of 812

@upari

Repair the phone with PCC 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

If you experience the same remove the SIM card and check again 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 812
Message 3 of 812

@upari

You can also check on safe mode

and if nothing work, then contact your local Xperia care and/or the store

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 4 of 812
Message 4 of 812

Hello
Any fix on this problem? Already repair with PCC. Even if the battery is fully charged, the Xperia M5 Dual shutdown and cannot turn on, until I plug it on charger.

Seems I'm not only one with this problem. Don't know if it a Android 5.0 bug.

I had same problem with Xperia Z1 with 5.0.2 Android. After update to 5.1.1 seems fix the problem.

When will Xperia M5 Dual get Android 5.1.1?
Learner
Message 5 of 812
Message 5 of 812

I have the same problem.

The phone just simply shut down and I have to connect it to a power source, even it's 100% charged.

I tried to repair with PCC (actually I've also RESTORED it), to remove the SIM card and put it back, and Safe mode method,

but the phone still kept on shutting down automatically.

The LED on the left upper corner is red initially when it's connected to power.

I think the problem has much concern with the battery.

Is there any solution except going to the store?

Learner
Message 6 of 812
Message 6 of 812

I think that some widgets and applications are not fully compatible with the Xperia M5.

Maybe this causes the crash of the phone.

I tried to remove the "Weather & Clock Widget" (devexpert.net), then the phone works good for a period.

Then I installed "Transparent clock & weather" widget (MACHAPP software), then ...... crashed again.

I don't really know what happened but I think I'm not trying to install another weather or clock widget recently.

Maybe until Android 5.1.x is available.

If the phone crashes again I'll report.

Learner
Message 7 of 812
Message 7 of 812

OK, crashed again with the default AccuWeather widget.

Seems time for store visiting.

Learner
Message 8 of 812
Message 8 of 812

Rumors that the phone crashes with poor internet signals

Don't know T/F

Learner
Message 9 of 812
Message 9 of 812

Hi this past 4 days I've been experiencing same issues with my new M5 phone just bought it last week, Im so disappointed until this morning  when I read one comment on this site, try to remove all you're battery saver and task cleaner then try to force shutdown your phone manually then start, I think it's working its been 8 hours and still didn't shutdown, one more don't download any task manager and battery saver it consumes lot of your battery. 

Learner
Message 10 of 812
Message 10 of 812

It's a pity that I don't have any battery saver or task manager...... and still keeping crashing.