account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 351 of 812
Message 351 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Hi, allie1981! That's a good call - indeed it makes sense to assume that with no network and there is no sudden death, then it is the antenna issue.

But judging by numerous reports on the battery replacement results, I'm pretty sure it is the battery issue. My point is that with no network, the antenna doesn't get that much power to be active. With the active antenna it requires more power in order to keep the signal strong. Thus the battery drain increases which, IMO, leads to battery issue known as sudden death...

Again, if you've tested your device in safe mode for some continuous period of time and the problem persists, AND you did the repair procedure using Sony PC Companion and the problem persists THEN you'd better take the device to service center and apply for battery replacement.

Did I make myself clear?

Learner
Message 352 of 812
Message 352 of 812

Okey liev. Thank you. I will try ty get at battery replacement. 

Apprentice
Message 353 of 812
Message 353 of 812

Try restarting the phone after every charging cycle. Have no idea why, but it is working for me so far.
One time poster
Message 354 of 812
Message 354 of 812

Me too have this same issue on M5 for past two days after started using stamina mode. I disabled it then checked, still having same issue... Waiting to understand this root cause... Sony please Fix it ASAP.
One time poster
Message 355 of 812
Message 355 of 812

I am experiencing Same shutdown issue with my Sony M5 I bought this phone a month ago shuts off problem is still there every time if I am not using the phone for 10 minutes it shuts down on its own and in order to restart it I have to connect it with a charger.not happy with the quality that Sony offers.
One time poster
Message 356 of 812
Message 356 of 812

My 1 month old M5 dual also shuts off automatically.

I've tried the suggested solutions but to no avail.

This is so annoying already.

I bought it here in Qatar and i'm planning to return it to the shop this weekend.

Inhabitant
Message 357 of 812
Message 357 of 812

Hi guys, my battery was changed a month ago, no auto shut down happened since then. I really recommend for all of you who are having auto shut down issues that you take your M5 to SC and have your battery changed. Also I have not have any other issues after that (like not been able to use camera before shutting phone off).
Adviser
Message 358 of 812
Message 358 of 812

Weekly report, week 2

No shutdowns after i got the battery replaced, no lags, glitches. Replace the battery, guys.

GL.

Apprentice
Message 359 of 812
Message 359 of 812

So....After a lot of frustration with trying to get along on only 2G, as that helped in the phone not switching off, I took it to SONY in South Africa.

The lady at reception knew what my problem was the minute I said M5, I just grinned and nodded.

3 Days later got the phone back. They replaced two batteries, didn't even know it had two, any way, and some other parts. And awesomeness!! Phone hadn't switched off once and even goes to roaming when the home signal is MIA.

Thanks SONY, realy appreciate it that you did the repair. Repaired my confidence in the process as well.

So guys, I believe the issue is with the battery and would recommend having it replaced.

Commissioner
Message 360 of 812
Message 360 of 812

@Blackpoison wrote:

So....After a lot of frustration with trying to get along on only 2G, as that helped in the phone not switching off, I took it to SONY in South Africa.

The lady at reception knew what my problem was the minute I said M5, I just grinned and nodded.

3 Days later got the phone back. They replaced two batteries, didn't even know it had two, any way, and some other parts. And awesomeness!! Phone hadn't switched off once and even goes to roaming when the home signal is MIA.

Thanks SONY, realy appreciate it that you did the repair. Repaired my confidence in the process as well.

So guys, I believe the issue is with the battery and would reccomend having it replaced.

Thank for confirming that....