account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 321 of 812
Message 321 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

@AjiTa wrote:

Hi..

i'm from malaysia..

i have took my phone from SC and the symptom was still exist..

when i contact SC they ask me to use PCC..

they said they have change my battery..

Nothing Happen..Question

You have to tell the support, that the change of the battery is needed. It is common for the SC always to say one need to use the PCC first. I guess, you will have the latest software already installed, because it is shipped with the latest. So go back to the SC and ask them exchange the battery. Nothing else seems to help. In case you need more background knowledge for what to tell the SC, see:

HTH

PS: I found some images in respect to the flawed battery .... take it away, boiz and gurlz

Old: Assy(124HLY0030A) New: Assy(124HL0040A)

The faulty one named G58466

Inhabitant
Message 322 of 812
Message 322 of 812

Re: Sony XPERIA M5 DUAL CRASHES /SHUTDOWN

@Lsndlovu wrote:

When will Xperia M5 Dual get Android 5.1.1?

As it seems, never, because it is said to step up directly to 6.0.

Source Sony M5 Support Page

HTH

BTW: you also find the latest SW-version on this page.

One time poster
Message 323 of 812
Message 323 of 812

Hi guys.. Try disabling location on your settings..my phone has been stable for about a week...
One time poster
Message 324 of 812
Message 324 of 812

hi guys my E5663 im from indo, this percisely happening to my E5663 i just bought it about 2 weeks ago

@upari wrote:

It just randomly shuts off whenever not connected with a charger(more than 10 times just tonight). When it's done, I can't restart it unless connect to a charger, which means it's totally a stone when I'm out of my room.

And I just bought it 3 days ago. Never heard of any problems like this.

Learner
Message 325 of 812
Message 325 of 812

Hi everyone 

I'm from Mexico and I have the same problem like yours, acording to me the problem occurs when LTE or 3G is active, and the unique solution is put GSM only with this way it doesn't turn off the M5. I've got 10 Xperia M5 and the problem its dthe same with all of them. In fact I tried to update software with Flashtool and the problem stay there, I think that this problem is about Hardware so I don'n know what's the real problem.

I hope my opinion try to help you because I can't find yet the problem.

If someone find the fix, please share with us.

THX

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 326 of 812
Message 326 of 812

So, um, I've read the whole thread, and became curious: people, has any of you tried that "Safe Mode" option? I mean has anybody tried using the M5 in Safe Mode for like at least a week?
I ask this seemingly silly question because I've got my piece of M5 dual since mid-November 2015, got it delivered from Hong Kong, switched off most of the initially installed apps and since the very first moment haven't had any of those "auto shutdowns" or "sudden deaths"... Got my LTE always ON, and wherever I am, give it an undeground parking space or low-signal area – the phones works like clocks! Besides, I tested my phone several times on that "battery lock" test, all of them failed, but every time phone continued to work absolutely fine! My point is unless I force that "battery lock" test, phone hasn't suffered of "auto shutdowns"/"sudden deaths" for like almost 2-3 months EVER.
One time poster
Message 327 of 812
Message 327 of 812

Hi am also having the same problem with my m5, it automatically shuts down and only turns on with a charger. It comes back on with a whatsapp message saying device date is wrong.. Of which it would be correct
Inhabitant
Message 328 of 812
Message 328 of 812

Hi, some status update from my M5- story:
After several weeks I have received the answer from Sony (Thanks Rickard, I really appreciated) that Malaysia would be my responsible support center.
I wrote to them (it is my 5th request I wrote to Sony in this matter).
Is there anybody from Malaysia having experience with the Malaysian SC in respect to M5 support?
I would be very thankful for some help from you!
Thanks
M52
Learner
Message 329 of 812
Message 329 of 812

Auto turn off

Hi my xperia m5 also turn off sometimes and did not turn on untill i conect charger
Did any body have any solotion?
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 330 of 812
Message 330 of 812

Re: Auto turn off

Repair the device with Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/