account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 281 of 812
Message 281 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

I'm an M5 user and I learned that NOT switching the phone off while charging lessens the instance of experiencing the issue, so I tried it and I have rarely experience the problem anymore...
One time poster
Message 282 of 812
Message 282 of 812

I had the same problem.

What fixed it for me was avoiding cleaning apps such as CC cleaner or Clean Master. These apps must clear some temporary memory files that prevents the phone from shuttuing down.

Commissioner
Message 283 of 812
Message 283 of 812

This issue is not software related.  To make your phones work as they were designed to be.  Goto your local Sony SC and replace your phone battery to the new and improvement lot.

Apprentice
Message 284 of 812
Message 284 of 812

@delixis wrote:

This issue is not software related.  To make your phones work as they were designed to be.  Goto your local Sony SC and replace your phone battery to the new and improvement lot.

How can we know that our battery has problems ? Since there are people who lived the shutting down issue after 1.5 months later ? And what happened if our country's SC does not know about the issue and they just make hard reset and give us again ?

Learner
Message 285 of 812
Message 285 of 812

I have the same problem, it happened when the network signal is not very good.

Commissioner
Message 286 of 812
Message 286 of 812

@Miriel wrote:

@delixis wrote:

How can we know that our battery has problems ? Since there are people who lived the shutting down issue after 1.5 months later ? And what happened if our country's SC does not know about the issue and they just make hard reset and give us again ?

Please, carefully scroll through this thread, then you will know the reason why I wrote that.
Actually, Sony issue the instruction on how SC to cope with "Battery Lock" issue.  SC here in Thailand already aware of that.  All Sony SC any where which have been marketing M5 should be informed.

One time poster
Message 287 of 812
Message 287 of 812

JUST TURN OFF THE "LTE", AND IT'S SOLVED. PROMISE!!!

One time poster
Message 288 of 812
Message 288 of 812

Delixis, may i know how long SC took you for replacing the battery?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 289 of 812
Message 289 of 812

SC Australia are not letting on that there is a known problem. There take is that a small number of users have been affected. This is either a blatant lie or I have been very unlucky with both my M5 phones. It seems like anything with ver 2 of the battery is cactus. The only fix as already stated is to send to repair centre for a new battery. This may take up to 2 weeks.

I like android but you have to say Apple have it in the bag for support and service.
Commissioner
Message 290 of 812
Message 290 of 812

@dontletmedown wrote:

Delixis, may i know how long SC took you for replacing the battery?

Mine, SC replaced a new handset and it work fine till today.  But first they said to me it was battery and asked me to wait for new lot of battery.  Then after a week they replaced a new one for me and it was a tested one.  A guy in Malaysia got his M5 battery replaced in around 10 days and he is very happy with that.
I think it depends on particular SC, if the new lot of battery is avialable or not.

The best, I can conclude, let your SC haddle this case.  It's their job.