account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 271 of 812
Message 271 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Putting my phone on just GSM stopped the shutting down.

Hope SONY resolves this issue in the next software update as this is a stupid solution,

One time poster
Message 272 of 812
Message 272 of 812

Hi I am from south Africa.. Purchased brand new m5 dual from cell c.. Started switching off randomly yesterday.
Looks like this issue has been going on for months since I have found some threads dating to very Early in the year. Why hasn't Sony addressed the issue why hasn't any of the forum admins contacted Sony so they can do something... or give me someone that I can speak too at Sony
Learner
Message 273 of 812
Message 273 of 812

Hi All, replace sim card is not the solution to it. I did what have been poated / suggested in the forum and thr problrm auto-shutdown is still persistance for my case.
Commissioner
Message 274 of 812
Message 274 of 812

Guys, the battery change fixed the problem for me. Sony does not need to come out with any explanation or public speech. Just send in your phone to the service center, and insist that they change the battery for you.

One time poster
Message 275 of 812
Message 275 of 812

shut down and signal blue light ?

sony m5 Blue Light SINAL

Highlighted
Master
Message 276 of 812
Message 276 of 812

Re: shut down and signal blue light ?

Could you please elaborate this?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 277 of 812
Message 277 of 812

Sony do need to quickly publicly clarify the issue with the m5 battery shut down problem. End users and most probably resellers are in the dark with a lack of an official Sony announcement. This is good corporate practice. At the moment Sony are losing face and customers. Having to send a phone to get a battery replacement is annoying but if this is truly the only way out of this mess then so be it.

Sony stop hiding in the dark and let us know what is going on. Apparently in Taiwan there was such an outcry that all m5s were recalled.
Learner
Message 278 of 812
Message 278 of 812

Go to quick settings, find for LTE signal icon. Drag it to active quick settings and turn it on the LTE icon. Already a week i didn't face auto shutdown yet on my M5 xperia. Hope this settings can solve the auto shutdown face by other M5 users.
One time poster
Message 279 of 812
Message 279 of 812

XPERIA M5 shutdown. Date and time goes back to JAN 1, 2015 8:06 PM

Hi Forum, I need help. Im having trouble with my new xperia m5 dual. I dont know what happened but after 2 days of using it the phone will just shutdown even if my battery are still 50% up or even full. I tried turning it on by pressing the power button but it will not turn on. I could only turn it on if i'll connect first the phone to a charger and press thenpower button. And after it turns on the date and time will go back/reset to Jan 1, 2015 8:06pm.. Sometimes its different time. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks! LJ

Inhabitant
Message 280 of 812
Message 280 of 812

Hi, this is the notorious 'sudden death bug' of which you can read amounts in this thread. Give the phone back to your local support and make them exchange the battery.
Details you can find this this thread.
HTH
Good luck