account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 211 of 812
Message 211 of 812

Re: M5 suddenly shuts off every 10 minuts

Has anyone from Australia got theirs successfully working without auto shutting down yet? Anyone had theirs repaired yet? Still Sony ignores this thread on the forum yet they jump quickly into other posts.
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 212 of 812
Message 212 of 812

Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service. We are aware of comments from customers regarding their Xperia M5 device automatically shutting down and only powering back on when phone is connected to the charger through the USB cable. Customers with this concern can contact their authorized service centre to have their phone assessed to ensure it is performing as expected. If you need information on your nearest authorized service location, please contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 213 of 812
Message 213 of 812

@Rickard. I hardly cannot believe that you show up with this prefab sentence after so many people reported here that the local supporter cannot help! Anguished Face

What kind of support forum is this here?!

What is your role here?

What is needed that Sony is acting?

Sorry to say Rickard, but this is utter bulls...! All the long years of satisfaction using many xperia/Sony/ericsson phones are destroyed. I have shut down my M5 already. I have gone back to my M2 Dual. Complete frustrated by supporters like you.

Next phone to buy will be of a different brand if Sony will not act faster.

xperia == despairia 

Inhabitant
Message 214 of 812
Message 214 of 812

@Sony, Rickard

I hope this will help you to act a bit more professional and customer oriented. God thanks that the sudden death issue spreads fast and strong outside the  "Sony happy go to the local support team-worlld"!! 

User comments on GSM arena

Adviser
Message 215 of 812
Message 215 of 812

@Rickard
How does this affect the people who have grey imported the phone? The "local support" for some of us is Hong Kong as Sony Australia pretty much say so bad so sad. While I can understand this I just don't want to waste all the time sending back to the original seller if there is no apparent fix yet.
Inhabitant
Message 216 of 812
Message 216 of 812

Hi Skankyjob,

I can tell you how tricky it is to get support from Sony HK (and not only from there). Read it yourself (this is a citation from Jenny Fan Sony Support HK):

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

Please kindly note that since now the international Sony customer service is not available, please kindly be informed that our authorized service center will receive oversea post repair case only if:

-The phone is Hong Kong official goods;

-The phone is still under warranty service.

For Hong Kong market, to check whether the phone is official goods or not, we do not take IMEI No. for reference but only the original purchase invoice of your phone. If your phone dealer is our anthorized one, your phone will be deemed as Hong Kong official goods.

Therefore, in order to avoid any unnecessary trouble and inconvenience,  we suggest that you reply us by providing(attaching) the hardcopy of the purchase receipt for our verification first. If the phone is confirmed as Hong Kong official goods, we will then write back with instructions of oversea post of your phone.

Thanks for contacting Sony Xperia Care. For any more inquiry you might have, please feel free to contact us again. We are always more than willing to be at your service. Xperia Care always offers you the best service. To know more, please visit website at www.sonymobile.com/support.

Thanks again for your email.

What does this mean to your case: Simply, forget it! Your dealer will not be authorized Sony dealer, ergo it is no HK official goods.

@Rickard, am I wrong? Your words are as smooth as Mrs Fan's "Thank you for this, thank you again for that". C'mon!

Adviser
Message 217 of 812
Message 217 of 812

Plus sending it back to eglobal this is the test they run which doesn't prove anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kNKFtIkezw&feature=youtu.be
Commissioner
Message 218 of 812
Message 218 of 812

@Rickard wrote:

Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service. We are aware of comments from customers regarding their Xperia M5 device automatically shutting down and only powering back on when phone is connected to the charger through the USB cable. Customers with this concern can contact their authorized service centre to have their phone assessed to ensure it is performing as expected. If you need information on your nearest authorized service location, please contact your local support team.

For sure this reply is not the particular solution to this issue.

How come, Rickard, ask us as community to believe your vow?? This isuue already surfaced since the first month of this model released (September 2015).  Untill now Sony cannot and doulbfully will not give any real solution to this problem.  Also who has chosen this to be the solution to this Sudden Death issue of M5????

I know not every M5 handsets got this issue.  But counting only people here and on GSM Arena forum alone were more than enough for the sane company to issue any official responsibilty of this very lame bug.

I am always searching for the real root course of this problem, not to mention others like WiFi or Camera bugs.

Hope we will get a more professional solution to this problem very soon....... 

Commissioner
Message 219 of 812
Message 219 of 812

It has been 6 days since I took back my phone from the Service Center.

It is almost certain that the battery change fixed the issue.

For all those that are having the issues, please send your phone in for repairs. For this specific case, sending in for repair is better than getting a new replacement, which might have the same issue.

Rookie
Message 220 of 812
Message 220 of 812

@ykphuah is your connection stable? or you were on good area? keep us informed dude..