account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

M5 System UI, Camera and notifcation sound problems

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

M5 System UI, Camera and notifcation sound problems

Hello one and all,

I have been plagued with problems with my M5 recently. Firstly I have error messages about my system UI, please see photos below. Last time I had this, I was advised to do a factory reset, and that did not cure the problem, as it has come back again. Note the date of 18th January 1970.

The next problem has been with the camera. Sometimes when the phone is taken out of standby, or picked up for use, the camera switches itself on.

Finally, today, my alarm "snooze" didn't go off this morning, and since then notification sounds became initially truncated / shortened and now I don't have any notification sounds at all. I have run diagnostics, and checked that the notification sounds are set, but no sound. Incoming calls seems to work OK.

Can anyone out there offer any advice.?

Screenshot_20170221-131904[1].pngScreenshot_20170221-131852[1].png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: M5 System UI, Camera and notifcation sound problems

Hi @Amazingmin,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your M5.

Based on the information provided I recommend you run a software repair on your handset. You can find the steps on how to do this here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion/td-p/110305...

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Amazingmin,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your M5.

Based on the information provided I recommend you run a software repair on your handset. You can find the steps on how to do this here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion/td-p/110305...

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Sadly the fix has only been temporary. After days of getting my phone back to how it was before the reset.
A few days after this I started getting lag when selecting apps, using keyboard and so in. I began using the stock alarm clock again but it has now begun to snooze for 11, or 12 minutes instead of 10.
The screen freezes, controls become unresponsive and will either sort itself out after after a short period or it reboots itself.
Yesterday the phone began to vibrate rhythmically for no apparent reason. The screen locked on the app I was using. When eventually it worked again, it turned out to be a missed call. There was no notification.
Also I don't use vibrate just a ringtone and the volume level was OK.
The caller rang again, it only vibrated, and I could not answer the call as the screen was unresponsive.
I found out who called an rang them back. After about 30 seconds, the phone went quiet, then I heard ringing sound in ear microphone. I was now talking to someone else altogether!
The phone had put the original person in hold then dialled my mother's number with any input from me whatsoever.
And yes, the camera still comes on occasionally as it did before.
I never experienced problems of this nature with my old z1 compact, but it seems I'm not alone alone in experiencing weird software issues according to this forum and many others.
Please don't suggest a full factory reset again. Despite using back up and restore, phones never return to their previous state and so many personal settings and preferences are lost.
Adviser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Oh, and it can't can't even perform basic maths any more. Email inbox on home screen and in app says I have one email when in fact I have 4.