account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Has anyone updated to version 30.2.B.1.21?

Emperor
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Has anyone updated to version 30.2.B.1.21?

It's NOT shame on Sony, you have unlocked the bootloader, which like I've pointed out on your other post, you can't use XC, it's that simple, you should read the risks before unlocking the bootloader and/or flash the phone, but here it is again

Voiding the warranty

If you unlock the boot loader, you may void the warranty of your device and/or any warranty from your operator. See your device’s warranty statement for details. Additionally, due to the modified device software, Sony’s repair network will likely have to replace key components before it can properly test, repair and verify your device using our repair tools and software. Consequently, if Sony performs a warranty repair, Sony will likely charge you a significant service fee for the additional costs caused by your modification of the software.

Don't spread misinformation CeDeROM

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

okey. just update to 30.2.B.1.21, after update, make repair with companion for better result, i'll noticed the massive battery drain. 1 hour listening to earphone, battery drop 10% lul, previous build got cancer corrupt sd card, then this latest version, heavy battery drain....SMH 

One time poster
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

By the way, do you guys have this issue when unable to unlock the screen?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

I did update 5 days ago (30.2.B.1.21), I can say that it is ok : without massive discharge of the battery, without over heating, but the camera is a disappointment. in manual mode in Android 5.1 if you turned the brightness to +1 in low light conditions, the pictures were very bright . Now set the brightness to +2 and nothing happens, the pictures are darker than before.

It takes forever to take a picture with flash.

Object tracking option offered is a bad joke by sony.
Sorry for my English

Learner
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

To be honest, I can't access the Screen Lock option, it always ends up with a freezing Settings

I also want to root this beauty, but seems that it is not yet possible, because I want to use Greenify

Is it possible to downgrade back to Lollipop?

One time poster
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

My camera autofocus is blury, and waiting another update to solve it, Sony please help me...Crying Face

Apprentice
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

@Adishrustanovic . Try to switch off object tracking option. It worked for me. No more blur
Visitor
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

I'm from phil. too bro but i haven't receive any 30.2.B.1.21 update on my xperia m5 dual. my build number is still 30.1.B.1.46. 

One time poster
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

I can't updated to version 30.2.B.1.21

once I download it it says continue but then it says it cannot be installd ??
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Any technical reason for not updating to nougat?

Hello, 

is there any technical reason for not updating xperia M5 to nougat? All in all M5 has better specs than XA, and it is not sufficiently old to be abandoned by sony (this was particularly true when the decision has been taken). 

I can even accept that sony tries to force M5 owners to buy a new device, but the result of abandoning M5 so quickly is going to force many of us to buy a new device of another brand.

Thanks,

Matteo