account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Error Camera may be in use by another application

One time poster
Message 41 of 57
Message 41 of 57

Re: Error Camera may be in use by another application

Hi all ,  I cured this on my M5 by DISABLING  LOCATION in camera settings could be this easy for everyone .

Hope this helps all

One time poster
Message 42 of 57
Message 42 of 57

Where is Sony support or Jake-SonyXperiaSupport no answer, no fix to this problem? 

One time poster
Message 43 of 57
Message 43 of 57

I have the same problem ?????sony should find solution for this I buy this phone m5 for it's camera !!!

Visitor
Message 44 of 57
Message 44 of 57

I have the same problem with my z5, it was sent off last year as it was overheating they said there was nothing wrong with it even though it burnt my leg through my pocket, and few weeks ago my camera stoped working front and rear with the same error as you guys, if we cant get anywhere here maybe twitter, facebook, could help if enough of us complain maybe even stop another fool from buying a so called premium handset.

sony z5 premium = clown shoes!

how many posts will it take sony?

Visitor
Message 45 of 57
Message 45 of 57

is jake @sony even real??

One time poster
Message 46 of 57
Message 46 of 57

I have exactly the same issue now...Tried everything possible but no luck. How is there still no solution for this? Really dissapointed in Sony. It started with my phone overheating, then my front camera stopped working and the then I got the error Camera may be in use...

Message 47 of 57
Message 47 of 57

@Carlin7000 wrote:
I have experienced this problem. It stops bothering when one disables Google: "hello Google" Try it, disabled and enable so that you can establish cause and effect.

Tried this on my L1 and doesn't resolve problem for me. 

Highlighted
Message 48 of 57
Message 48 of 57

Re: Sony Xperia M5 Camera Error - Sony Abandoned Us

@uliwooly wrote:

@Mzet_RSA

Settings > apps >all > camera > clear data > restart the phone, if that doesn't work then 

boot in >>> safe mode

if that doesn't work then disable OK Google

Tried this on my L1 and doesn't resolve problem for me. 

Message 49 of 57
Message 49 of 57

@Abhiroj wrote:
In case , if you are using clean master, I would advice to remove it , and then restart the phone. I had the same issue. Worked for me! Slightly smiling Face

Glad it worked for you, but I am not using Clean master on my L1

One time poster
Message 50 of 57
Message 50 of 57

Re: M5 Duel front facing camera Not working!!

I have the same issue with my xpera z5