account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Does M5 have VoLTE Support?

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 21 of 38
Message 21 of 38

Re: M5 dual VoLTE not supporting

Steel not resolved the problem. The expert available is not understanding the issue.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 38
Message 22 of 38

Hi @Sen20, I really understand your concern, but I'm afraid that I can only refer to my previous reply regarding this. Unfortunately, Xperia M5 will not get VoLTE support according to the information which I have available.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 23 of 38
Message 23 of 38

One thing I wanted to tell you that there are some brand who have updated only the android version for their smartphons. After the update the LTE smartphons are now VoLTE enabled. So suggest you to take care about it so the user of your brand don't be diverted to other brands due to this lacking.

I suggest you to update your products for future technology. Now peoples are not buying smartphons to only use it as camera......

Sony Xperia Support
Message 24 of 38
Message 24 of 38

I thank you for the suggestions @Sen20, I'll forward it internally as user feedback! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 25 of 38
Message 25 of 38

It's time to move on. Bye Sony Xperia M5. It was wonderful time with you. But now you are not updated so sorry to leave you. It's not your fault dear, it's the fault of sony.......bye

Highlighted
Message 26 of 38
Message 26 of 38

xperia m5 has a hardware that supports volte

give a minor software update in mobile networks

"enable Volte when it is available"

it is only a software concern

dont befool us by telling that our hardware is not supported

be brave and tell us that sony dont wants to spend time for older devices

but dont tell lie

we need better service quality of sony

we purchase it not for specs cause these same or better than sony mobiles specs comes in 3k to 14k mobile in other brands

but we purchases sony for that specs in 20K to 50K only for that we can get good customer satisfaction

good services

but you dont give us these a few things we want from you

and you all misguides as by telling etc etc stupid reasons

please dont give us thease reasons

our only need is a minor update of Volte toggle in settings give it only

Apprentice
Message 27 of 38
Message 27 of 38

Customer support is very bad by sony. The don't have any exchange policy. And if your phone is not working properly the offer replacement and what they offer your one year good condition phone (Price Rs.30000) is only Rs. 2000. This realy wrost.

One time poster
Message 28 of 38
Message 28 of 38

Please update VoLTE to Sony Xperia m5 dual

Sir, please update knought 7.0 version with VoLTE software 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 38
Message 29 of 38

Re: Please update VoLTE to Sony Xperia m5 dual

Hi Everyone, I really do have understanding of your concerns and your input regarding this, but as I mentioned earlier, according to the information I have available, Xperia M5 does not support VoLTE. I do not have specifics regarding as to why, I did not say that it was due to hardware - the only information which I have is that it does not support it. Slightly frowning Face 

However, please rest assured that I will forward your feedback internally as user feedback!

One time poster
Message 30 of 38
Message 30 of 38

Why Sony is not upgrading software for m5 model to use VoLte feature.