account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

the worst camera performance

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

the worst camera performance

Sony look at this articlegsmarena.com/sony_xperia_m4_aqua-review-1249p8.php the camera review M4 aqua show that M4 Aqua if compare to another competitor which have same 13 MP have worst picture quality, bad contrast, crappy when zoom in. Slow shutter. Why sony didn't improve something with camera. Like an innovation.
10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: the worst camera performance

Do you have this phone? Or the T2 or C3 or any Xperia?  The rrason I'm asking is bc you have posted all over the forum regarding camera. 

Keep in mind that if you zoom the picture quality will decrease as it has digital zoom not optical zoom.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

i want upgrade my phone to this one. but the most important that i want have with my new phone is a great camera performance like another competitor like samsung galaxy A5 same 13 MP but i think camera is great when i see to gsmarena review. i am fan of sony's smartphone. hope sony always do improvement and some extraordinary innovation.
Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@harsarayhan

I don't know what to tell you, it's up to you to either buy the M4 Aqua or a different brand that you think has a better camera. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

yeah i agree with all the comments here,this is the worst upgrade ever. My c3 is very slow after upgrading to lollipop and now my front and back cam takes forever before it saves,the pics is very dark for both cam.and another thing when i want to delete the photos it takes forever.. Whats happening,Sony team pleasw fix this issue as soon as possible time.. I have a question if i will go back to kitkat do u think will it work better?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@uliwooly

Pictures taken in low light are very dark, although the picture is very bright in viewfinder.

please look here 

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Xperia M4 front cam nit upto the mark.

When i open the camera app or any other camera app the photo seems to be of quite good quality but after clicking, the pic becomes darkened or blackish. Why is it so? Every phone softens or lightens the pic but here it darkens it.
Learner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Xperia M4 front cam nit upto the mark.

Pictures are very good in daylight condition. Picture are not good in artificial light.

Also Camera shutter speed need to improve.. its very slow if you compare with any other phone in this range. Hope sony fixed the Camera Shutter Speed in next update.

ML5
One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Same in my mobile Xperia M4 AQUA DUAL, the camera not clear when compared with other brand name, I don't think is real 13 M maybe there is some wrong in the camera,
In the night very bad photos as used 3 M only
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@ML5 wrote:
Same in my mobile Xperia M4 AQUA DUAL, the camera not clear when compared with other brand name, I don't think is real 13 M maybe there is some wrong in the camera,
In the night very bad photos as used 3 M only

why don't you test the camera of the M4 together with these other brand you are talking about. take a picture using both (M4 and your other brand), while submerged in the water. then tell us what will be the result...Nauseated Face