account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

phone sudden death at 2%

Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

phone sudden death at 2%

ok so basically i was browsing something and then my phone suddenly turned off, my phone battery was at 2%, it just dead in an instant theres no shutting down menu display, only display the red battery icon

i tried to turn it on or even charge it but it stuck on the white screen then dies, also i pressed the OFF button, still nothing happens

also i tried that hold the power and volume up nothing happens too

then i tried to do software repair then i remember that my phone is basically in dead state so i cancelled it but its already on green light so im wondering if its already begun the repair process or not im scared..

so does it have problem with battery or something else , hope someone could help thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: phone sudden death at 2%

Hi @husnatasnim,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

It looks like you have tried most relevant troubleshooting already. What I recommend is that you temporarily remove any SIM and SD card from your device to make sure they are not causing this behavior.

After you pressed the dedicated off button, did you try to charge your device? If not I recommend that you try charging for  at least 30 minutes.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior, I recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with how to have your device sent in to an authorized service center for further troubleshooting and repair.

Let me know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.