account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

mp4 video type is not working.

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

mp4 video type is not working.

Am using Sony Xperia M4 AQUA DUAL. This phone is not supporting the Mp4 video files as it throws error as cannot play the file.

I have also updated my mobile with the latest update.

May I know how to solve this issue

Thanks
Ramya
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sage
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Re: mp4 video type is not working.

@Nyl wrote:
I got a different problem with my phone. Which is Sony M4 too. Everytime I record a video, it doesn't have images played on the screen. Its like 'total black' but. The sound is playing but the video is full blackout.

How can u help me in this?

@Nyl

Can you see your videos on computer? Also try downloading different app from play store (e.g mxplayer) and check whether they play normally. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Use an app called either VLC or MX Player

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

MP4 is a common format, how it can not supported? Have you try record video from your camera and replay again? Sony video camera format is MP4.
Emperor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

@netto

Not entirely true, mp4 has different compression types. @Rumz were those MP4 videos transferred from a computer? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Not transferred from computer. I got tat movie file from another mobile. And I have also noted tat m4 aqua spec has showed the support for mp4 files.

How come it don't support now
Sage
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Go into developer options and select 'use NuPlayer'. It worked for me.
Nyl
One time poster
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I got a different problem with my phone. Which is Sony M4 too. Everytime I record a video, it doesn't have images played on the screen. Its like 'total black' but. The sound is playing but the video is full blackout.

Sage
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

@Nyl wrote:

@Nyl

Can you see your videos on computer? Also try downloading different app from play store (e.g mxplayer) and check whether they play normally. 

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Thanks much. It's working for me now..
Rookie
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

@nyl - may I know wat type of file extension it is. Even I got the same issue and it worked after installing VLC media player.

Also try the developer options Nu player.